Principal's Weekend Update
May 11th, Saint Ignatius of Laconi
In this issue...
- A big thank you for Grand's Day!
- Marker Monday!
- Saint Mark's Summer Play
- NWEA MAP Testing Results
- Grand Olde Saint Mark's Days
- Faith Challenge for the Month of May
- 2018/19 Registration Update
- Important reminder that all fees (including but not limited to: lunch accounts, library accounts, yearbook fees, tuition, etc.) need to be paid before the end of the year field trips. Students will not be permitted to attend field trips if fees have not been paid. More information to come, thank you!
A big thank you for Grand's Day!
Saint Mark's Summer Play
St. Mark Play Families,
The Play Production Team is getting ready for another fabulous summer play!!
We will be having auditions on Tuesday May 22nd at 7 PM in Carolyn Hall.
1st-3rd graders do not need to audition, but do need to come with parents to turn in their registration forms (attached) and attend a short meeting.
4th-8th graders will do the same and they will be asked to sing a short song in a group and individually. They will also read lines from a script. No need to rehearse!
Attached is the registration form and the rehearsal schedule for your fridge. Please note we always need volunteers, so we appreciate your signing up for something or several things!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all on May 22nd. If you have questions, let us know.
The 2018 Play Production Team
NWEA Map Testing Scores
We are very pleased overall with the student's performance on these tests. They did a great job! Thank you to the many parents who encouraged their children to do their best and to not worry about the tests. It would seem that this approach has helped us to receive accurate (strong) results.
Grand Olde Saint Mark's Days
Grand Olde Saint Mark's Festival
There’s so much to do at the festival! Everything you need to know about food, rides, and music can be found on the Festival Gazette included below. New this year! Claudia & the Wise Guys Big Band -- you don't want to miss this 20-piece band on Saturday from 7:30-10:00! Also, outdoor mass will be held from 5-6pm. Rides will shut down and food will not be sold during that time.
We still need around 50 volunteers to make the festival a success! All are welcome and many hands make the work light. Please sign up here.
All donations can be dropped off at the Parish Center between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. See the Gazette for more information.
Saint Mark’s students created festival-themed buttons. Congratulations to the winners! You can check out the button designs that won below! Purchase buttons for $3 at the Parish Center and School May 9–16 and at the festival. You will need a button to participate in the Medallion Hunt.
Early Bird Ride Tickets
Purchase Early Bird ride tickets at the Parish Center and School May 9–15 for 33% off regular price. The order form is included below.
Faith challenge for the Month of May
2018/19 Registration Update
- Preschool: Registration is now open for our Summer Preschool program! See the sign up form below to register for our preschool summer options. Our program will run similar to the school year, but with more time for sprinklers, walking field trips, and playground fun!
- School age summer program: If your child in grade K-5 is looking for summer fun and learning, now's the time to register for summer camp at Saint Mark's School! The deadline to register is MAY 15TH. See below to learn more about our Sports, Nature and Art camps as well as to sign up. If you have any questions regarding the camp, please email Mrs. Overhaug at Emily.email@example.com. We look forward to an adventurous summer with you!
- Fall registration update: There are multiple steps to registering for the fall, all of which are done through your TADS account. Step 1 'application' is for preschoolers only. If you haven't applied yet, please use the TADS link below. Step 2 for all families - log into your TADS account and go to the ‘enrollment’ tab to enter/update contact details, emergency contacts, etc. Step 3 for all families - within a few days of completing your enrollment, you will receive your tuition agreement email. Use the link in the email to connect to your TADS account and complete your agreement in one session. If you have questions about using TADS, please call the TADS support line at 612-548-3320. If you have questions about your enrollment status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brigid at 651-644-3380.
- Financial Aid update - Remember, if you have received an aid award for 2018-19 and wish to keep it, be sure to sign your tuition agreement by April 15th. Awards may be redistributed to other families in need if agreements are not signed by April 15th.
News and Upcoming Events
- Summer camp registration deadline, May 15
- Grand Olde Saint Mark's Days, May 18-19
- Marker Monday, May 21
- Memorial Day (no school), May 28
- 8th Grade graduation rehearsal, June 1
- 8th Grade Graduation, June 5
- Last day of school, June 6
- Saint Mark's Golf Day, Jun 24
Check out this week's episode of the Roar! Follow the same link to subscribe and get updates from The Roar straight to your phone!