We Are Together Tamanend!
September 20, 2019
Fall is Coming
CALENDAR ITEMS TO NOTE
Magazine Drive Assembly--Friday, September 20 (during school day)
8th & 9th Grade Back to School Night--Thursday, September 26 at 7:00 PM
First Magazine Drive Collection Date--Friday, September 27
School Holiday--Monday, September 30
7th Grade Field Trip to PA Renaissance Fair--Thursday, October 3
9th Grade Chorus Pops Concert--Thursday, October 3 at 7:00 PM
Tamanend Pink Out--Friday, October 4
Second Magazine Drive Collection Date--Friday, October 4
Fall Dance--Friday, October 4 7:30 PM--9:30 PM
Back to School Nights
8th and 9th Grade BTSN will be held Thursday, September 26 at 7:00 pm
The 8th Grade program will begin with a Specials Open House, during which parents choose which Specials teachers they would like to visit. Parents will then meet with their student's team. Parents will then have the opportunity to tour classrooms. Please note that teachers will remain in their team locations (Polaris in Cafeteria and Infinity in Auditorium) after the team presentations.
The 9th Grade program will begin in the student's First Period class. Parents will follow their student's schedule. A Specials Open House, during which parents choose which Specials teachers they would like to visit, will be held in the middle of the evening.
2nd Annual Tamanend Classroom Decorating Contest
Tamanend Parent Book Club
Reminder--Tamanend Homework Club
If your child is looking for a quiet place to complete their homework or a place to receive extra support with a challenging assignment and/or prepping for a test, the Homework Club is the place for him or her. The Homework Club at Tamanend Middle School will be held in the Cafeteria on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 until 4:00. Peer tutoring will also be offered for students that are interested. The goal of the Tamanend Homework Club is to assist our students in tapping into their full potential by giving them a quiet, supportive place to complete their homework.
Reminder--Help Us Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Kelly Ann Dolan Basketball Tournament
UPCOMING TAMANEND EVENTS
Reminder--7th Grade Field Trip to PA Renaissance Fair
HELPFUL REMINDERS ABOUT TAMANEND PROCEDURES
Reminder--One School, One Book
Starting this summer, we will be engaging the Tamanend community in a One School, One Book program. A committee of teachers, librarians, and administrators worked for a year to choose a book that would appeal to our entire school community. We are pleased to announce that we will be reading Posted by John David Anderson. We encourage all of next year’s Tamanend students to read this book over the summer. We are planning a variety of activities throughout the 19-20 school year to engage all members of the Tamanend community in discussions related to this book.
Click here to hear Posted author John David Anderson talk about this book.
Click here for audio files of the book. Steps for downloading audio files to phones:
- Go to Tamanend’s website and scroll down to "School Links."
- Click the link "One Book, One School- Posted (Audiobook)."
- Log-In using your CBSD email account and password.
- Click the Play button and enjoy!
Reminder--Renovations and Improvements to Tamanend
The 2019-2020 school year will bring many positive and exciting changes to our building. On June 17, 2019 we began a renovation project that will provide air conditioning, upgraded lighting, and cosmetic improvements throughout the entire building. The project is scheduled to conclude in August, 2020. During this renovation project, banks of approximately six classrooms will be vacated for periods of approximately six weeks. As a result, many teachers will be moving classrooms at some point during the school year. To accommodate these moves, we set up three temporary classrooms in the Library and two temporary classrooms in the LGI areas of the Auditorium. Although we will face minor inconveniences during this renovation project, the upgrades will make our building more comfortable, more efficient, and more visually appealing.
Reminder--Technology Fee for Student Laptops Due
Central Bucks is in the second year of implementation of the 1:1 technology initiative. The purpose of the initiative is to allow for creation, mobility, and innovation at home and school. Every Tamanend 7th, 8th, and 9th Grader will have a laptop this year.
Families will be asked to pay a $50 usage fee for the device per student per year. This fee will cover breaks, repairs and other services. MyPaymentsPlus opens for payment Monday, August 5th. Please note:
- Families who qualify for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program will automatically receive a $0 fee in MyPayments Plus. Even though the fee is waived, families must still "checkout" to complete this step and be marked as paid on our technology report.
If you are a family dealing with financial hardships, please contact your building principal to discuss payment options.
Please contact your child's Guidance counselor if you do not have Internet access at home so that we may assist you in obtaining this service.
You may also click HERE to learn more about this initiative.
Tips for Troubleshooting Computer Issues
- Boys Tennis @ Lenape (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- Girls Tennis vs. Lenape (Home; 3:15)
- 8th Grade Field Hockey vs. Unami (Home; 3:15)
- 7th Grade Soccer @ Lenape (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- 7th Grade Field Hockey @ Lenape (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- 7th Grade Football vs. Lenape & Unami (Home; 3:15; Scrimmage)
- 8th Grade Soccer vs. Unami (Home; 3:15)
- Volleyball vs. Lenape (Home; 3:15)
- Boys Tennis @ Holicong (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- Girls Tennis vs. Holicong (Home; 3:15)
- 7th Grade Soccer @ Holicong (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- 7th Grade Field Hockey @ Holicong (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- Volleyball vs. Holicong (Home; 3:15)
- Girls Tennis @ Unami (Away; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- Boys Tennis vs. Unami (Home; 3:15)
- 7th Grade Field Hockey vs. Unami (Home; 3:15)
- 8th Grade Football @ Sandburg (Away; 3:15; Scrimmage); bus leaves at 2:20
- 7th Grade Football @ Lenape (A; 3:15); bus leaves at 2:40
- If students plan to stay after school on game days, they must be at the field and not walking around or leaving campus. If students are not where they are supposed to be, they will not be permitted to attend future games. Thank you for your cooperation.
FROM CB SOUTH:
- Open gyms for CB South Boys Basketball will be held on Mondays from 6:30-8:00 and Thursdays from 3:00-4:30, beginning on Monday, September 16th and running until Thursday, November 14th.
- A meeting will be held for all 9th through 12th graders interested in CB South Wrestling on 10/1/19 at 7:15 PM in the CB South Forum. (Please note the date change from 9/26/19.)
FROM OUR HEALTH OFFICE
FROM OUR CAFETERIA
Breakfast is Served!
Free & Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Application
UPCOMING DISTRICT & COMMUNITY EVENTS
MBIT--50 Year Open House
Reminder--Bucks County Book Fest
Reminder--Free YMCA Memberships for 7th Graders
Empower U Program at YMCA
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, field trips, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal email@example.com
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse email@example.com
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
GETTING INVOLVED AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH TAMANEND
Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in box tops to the attention of NJHS.
TMS Parent Council
Thursday, Oct. 17th, 9am
Tamanend Middle School
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900