Weekly Newsletter - May 9, 2019
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
From the Principal
This has been a very fulfilling week at St. Joseph, as witnessed by all the beautiful pictures and videos in this week's newsletter!
We still have much to accomplish before the school year comes to a close. It is at this time of the year, one can feel the excitement of summer approaching. Students are looking older and are showing signs of readiness for the next grade level. Our Graduating Class of 2019 is counting down the days until graduation, while their parents are stopping to take a deep breath.
Please know that during this exciting time, all the Faculty and Staff are praying for each and every one of you to enjoy these remaining weeks to their fullest. We believe in Catholic Education and strive to create an environment that makes a positive impact in your child's life, in you family's life. This is why we serve you. May God continue to guide us in our efforts.
In Christ's service,
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
What will you do with the news of Christ's Resurrection?
Please enjoy this Easter video from Fr. Mike Schmitz!
New Truth Bible Verse for May
new saintly quote to ponder
People hate the truth for the sake of whatever it is that they love more than the truth. They love truth when it shines warmly on them, and hate it when it rebukes them. - St. Augustine
Latin and greek roots challenge
Enrollment for 2019-2020
- New Family Enrollment Application - The link to the application for new families to the school is on the school website. We are still enrolling new families. Spread the word!
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Field Day - Tomorrow - Friday, May 10th!
- Last School Mass of the Year - Wednesday, May 15th. Please come join us, as this will be the last time we are able to worship together this year.
- Uniform Swap - Saturday, May 18th from 9:00 am to noon in the cafeteria. If you can't make this event, there is a Facebook page for that: SJCS Online Uniform Resale.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Home and School Association (HSA)
Safe Environment Training
You must first create a profile in VIRTUS for the Safe Environment Diocesan Program.
Per the Diocese, all school volunteers if they are current on Safe Environment, will have until 7/31/19 to renew through VIRTUS if you do not expire before that date. You need to go on the VIRTUS website and make a profile. You can do this without signing up for a class. Profiles are needed in the new system so we know you have previous training, as the old database is no longer open for viewing.
05/11/2019 9:00 AM St. Ann Parish Burleson
05/18/2019 9:00 AM St. Maria Goretti Parish Arlington
05/18/2019 9:00 AM Most Blessed Sacrament Parish Arlington
05/28/2019 6:30 PM St. Vincent de Paul Parish Arlington
05/29/2019 9:00 AM Most Blessed Sacrament Parish Arlington
06/01/2019 9:00 AM Most Blessed Sacrament Parish Arlington
06/08/2019 8:45 AM St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish Keller
06/15/2019 8:45 AM St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish Keller
06/15/2019 9:00 AM St. Maria Goretti Parish Arlington
06/19/2019 6:00 PM St. Maria Goretti Parish Arlington
06/22/2019 9:30 AM St. Vincent de Paul Parish Arlington
07/08/2019 6:00 PM Our Lady Queen of Peace Wichita Falls
Knights in Action!
New Student Council Officers
President- Lana Nguyen
VP- Leni Nguyen
Secretary- Emily Henry
Treasurer- Jonathan Grove
Chaplain- Mathew Angadicheril
New Student Council Representatives
8th Grade Representative - Grace Vo and Victoria Lam
7th Grade Representatives - Xitlalit Luna and Dane Varga
6th Grade Representatives - Josephine Vu and Jathan Nguyen
5th Grade Representatives - Kaitlyn Mendez and Katherine Gutierrez
StuCo Backpack Drive Still Under way
Religion Bowl 2018-2019 Winners!
Sr. Mary Anthony administered challenging questions to the group, while two parent representatives from the school's Spiritual Life Committee helped judge. Thank you, Sr. Mary Anthony (also part of SLC) for leading the event, Mrs. Stefanos, and Mrs. Murphy for taking time out of their day to judge, and to Mr. Rodriguez and the 8th grade helpers for their assistance!
Band and Violin Performances
Moments Captured around campus
Preschool - Mother's Day Tea
Preschool Butterfly release
2nd Grade Pioneer Day
5th Grade Experiments with Science
7th Grade board game Challenge
We recently had a little visitor...Easter Duck?
RoboKnights in Action!
Do you have any information you would like to share with the entire Knight Community? We would love that as well! Please send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a Knight - Forever a Knight!
Meet our Dominican Sisters!
Meet our parish priests!
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is occurring after daily Mass in the Chapel until 5:45pm. Come spend some time with our Lord.
- Please enjoy this link to a lovely article in the North Texas Catholic about the pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Fr. Kelley: https://t.co/3ItrotxIyf
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.