Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
Septmeber 8, 2015
Ms. Bousman's Class
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
- Monday, Sept. 7th- Labor Day...NO SCHOOL
- Friday, Sept. 11th- 1/2 day for students- dismissal at 12:00
- Thursday, Sept. 24th- Field trip...more information soon
- Friday, Sept. 25th- Grandparent's Day...more information soon
This Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- No School
- Tuesday- Day 1 Music
- Wednesday- Day 2 Art
- Thursday- Day 3 PE
- Friday- Day 0
- This week we will continue introducing our reading workshop and daily 5 activities.
- Students will begin to learn about strategies when reading independently, which is a choice in the Daily 5 program that will be implemented this year.
- We will continue talking about small moments in the books that we read and relate that to our own lives and our writing.
Place Value: ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, hundred thousands
Value of Numbers
Different ways to represent numbers
Problem Solving Strategy- Make an Organized List
We will test on Wednesday and then begin addition and subtraction.
· We are developing a writing community within our classroom.
· We will continue working on writing our own small moment stories this week.
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
Destination Imagination at TCE
Destination Imagination is a HSE district-wide academic team for students in grades 3-12, TCE will have a K-2 Raising Stars program after fall break. Destination ImagiNation encourages teamwork, builds problem solving skills, and enhances creativity. It is hands on, engaging, and a great learning experience. Teams of up to seven members work together from September through February to create a solution to a Team challenge. Challenges may have a theatrical, structural, improvisational, scientific, service learning or technical focus. In addition, teams learn to develop creative answers for an Instant Challenge portion of the competition, which requires quick thinking skills. In February, teams from throughout the region come together to compete. Students also have the opportunity to advance to state (March) and global competitions (May). Visit the Destination ImagiNation site to get more information. http://www.destinationimagination.org/
For questions, please contact Kristy Seitz-
firstname.lastname@example.org or 915-4210 ext. 1717.
Background Checks & Anti-bullying Video
Visitors Lunches Starts After Labor Day, Tuesday, September 8th
Book Fees Have Been Posted on Skyward
Snack Attack Snack Drive starting Monday, Aug 24th
Snack Attack provides TCE students in need with a sack of healthy snacks to take home on Fridays to help them through the weekend until they can return to school on Monday for a hot meal.
Our Dad’s Club is sponsoring our Snack Drive starting Monday, Aug 24th. Please consider donating individually wrapped snack items. Bins will be located outside of the school office. Suggested items include: granola bars, pudding, popcorn, fruit cups, crackers, etc.
If your child is in need and would appreciate receiving these weekly bags of snacks, please contact our school counselor, Mrs. Jackie Fiesbeck, at 594-4310 or email@example.com. The recipients of Snack Attack remain confidential.
It’s a great day to be a Cardinal and support our students! Thank you for considering a donation of a snack item to our Snack Drive!