Parents & Students
TO JOIN A ZOOM
- Join the meeting by clicking on the ZOOM link provided by your teachers. (join.zoom.us)
- Follow the prompts to download and run ZOOM.
- Enter your meeting ID if you are prompted to do so.
- Click to join the audio conference.
- When you are in the meeting, you may click on the start video button to turn on the camera on your device.
Using the icons along the bottom of the screen you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone – your teacher may ask you to mute your microphone during the lesson to limit background noise. You can un-mute your device to ask you teacher a question.
- Turn on/off your camera – turning your camera on allows your teacher to see you and know you are following along with them.
- View participant list – this opens a list of all the students logged into the classroom. This also has an option to “raise your hand.” If you click to raise your hand, it will notify your teacher so he/she can talk to you.
- Share screen – this allows your teacher to share their computer screen with you.
- Chat – this opens a chat window where the teacher can see any questions you may have and respond to you.