Hellstern Middle School Newsletter, Springdale, AR
Jan. 10, 2022
There is NO SCHOOL Jan. 17th & Feb. 14th
COVID Protocols changed this past week...
First and foremost, please do NOT send your child to school if he/she is having any symptoms.
The 3 most recent changes include the length of time to quarantine, the length of time to isolate, and ways to avoid quarantine.
- If COVID Positive- Isolate for at least five days. If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can return to school but must continue to wear a mask through the 10th day.
- If a close contact- Quarantine for 5 days at home and then return to school if symptom free. You must be willing to wear a mask for 5 additional days. These 10 total days are based on the day of the close contact.
- Test to stay- Students will test to stay for the first five days after the exposure, but will continue to wear a mask through the 10th day. If a student develops symptoms they will stay home at that time. Only school exposures can complete the test to stay program.
- Students that are fully vaccinated or that have tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days will not have to quarantine UNLESS they have symptoms.
- If both the positive student and close contact wear a mask, they will not have to quarantine.
Get your yearbook order taken care of today!
Follow the link and use the code:
Use code: 1016189312253906
It's ALREADY time to start thinking about next year!!?!
- Current 7th graders - CJHS will have a parent night on February 2nd for future 8th graders (5-6:30pm)
- Current 5th & 6th graders - HMS will host an open house for future 6th & 7th students and parents on February 8th (5-6:30pm).....we have postponed this event from our original date of Jan. 25th.
We do go outside if it is cold! Please send your student prepared!
10 - School board meeting (5pm)
11 - POSTPONED: Scoliosis screening (6th grade ONLY)
18 & 19 - MAP Testing - 7th grade Math/ELA
19 & 20 - MAP Testing - 6th grade Math/ELA
24-28 - Reality Checks in 7th grade health
POSTPONED: Parent & student night for FUTURE 6th & 7th graders (5-6:30pm)
7th Grade Athletics
Jan. 10 - BBB: George @ CJHS (4:30)
Jan. 10 - GBB: KMS @ GJHS (5:30)
Jan. 13 - BBB: Lakeside @ CJHS (4:30)
Jan. 13 - GBB: SMS @ LJHS (5:30)
Jan. 20 - BBB: Oakdale @ CJHS (4:30)
Jan. 20 - GBB: Oakdale @ Oakdale (5:30)
Jan. 24 - GBB: Kirksey @ CJHS (4:30)
Jan. 24 - BBB: Kirksey @ Kirksey (5:30)
Jan. 27 - GBB: Fulbright @ CJHS (5:30)
Jan. 27 - BBB: Fulbright @ Fulbright (5:30)
Jan. 31 - BBB: Lincoln (B'ville) @ CJHS (4:30)
Jan. 31 - GBB: Lincoln (B'ville) @ Lincoln (5:30)
Feb. 3 - BBB: Woodland @ CJHS (5:30)
Feb. 3 - GBB: Woodland @ Woodland (5:30)
Feb. 7 - BBB: Siloam Springs @ SS (5:30)
Feb. 8 - GBB: Siloam Springs @ CJHS (5:30)
Feb. 10 - GBB & BBB: HTMS vs. HMS @ HBHS (4:30)