Art City Eagles
September 13, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember - No school next Monday, September 20.
Picture Day: Picture day is TOMORROW, SEPT. 14. If you would like a picture packet you must order by tomorrow morning or send a check/cash in the provided envelope sent home with your child last week. We have more envelopes in the office. To order on line visit
https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ and enter the picture day ID of EVT7PQ6R4.
FUNDRAISER: Please join us on Friday, Sept. 24 from 4:30 to sunset. It is going to be SO much fun!!! Our PTA is working so hard for our school, and we can't do it with out YOU! We need your support. Our PTA funds so many things for our school - Great Artist Program, supporting and helping with costs for our school musical, teacher appreciation, parent conference dinner for teachers, technology support for students, Reflections, Red, Green, White Ribbon Week, Kindness Month, Val-O-Grams, 5th Grade End of Year Celebration, Field Day at the end of the year, and so much more. These programs would not be possible without the generous donations and support from parents with PTA fundraising. Art City PTA is with out a doubt the BEST!!! They work so hard for our students. Please come out and have a great evening while supporting Art City! If you are unable to attend on the 24th and would like to support our PTA, a donation will be greatly appreciated.
PE this week: Soccer skills.
Music this week: 4,5th grade review pitch, Chord C on the Ukulele
K-3rd Composer Camille Saint Saens, Carnival of the Animals (Lions)
Computers this week: Internet Safety Unit
Library this week: The younger grades will be putting some music to a story, reading a story while creating a flannel board character from it, talking about poetry, and learning about tall tales while doing a reader's theater of Paul Bunyan.
The older grades will learn about Melville Dewey and his system of classification of non fiction books, try their luck in a game of "Name That Fairytale", and learn how to look up books using Nebo District's library program.
September 14: School Pictures
September 20: No School - Teacher Training Day
Sept. 24: PTA Fundraiser - Chalk Festival
Oct. 5: Emergency Drill
Oct. 5: Student Council to attend conference at BYU
Oct. 8: Stand Strong Day
Oct. 13: 4th Grade field trip to This Is The Place
Oct. 14-15: Fall Break - No School
Oct. 18-21: Book Fair
Oct. 20: Picture re-take/make up day
Oct. 21: Parent Conferences
Oct. 22: No School Parent Conference Comp Day
Oct. 25-29: Olympic Safety Week (Red, Green, White Ribbon weeks recognized)
Oct. 29: Halloween Celebrated
Art City PTA
Save the Date! Art City Elementary Art Festival will be held on Friday, September 24th. Watch for more information. Plan to spend the evening supporting Art City Elementary and participating in some amazing art displays! It's going to be SO MUCH FUN!!
Join PTA: Becoming a member of PTA is only $6. You do not have to be in charge of anything or serve on any committees! Joining PTA is a way of supporting all the work PTA does for Utah kids. Of course, you can be as involved as you would like, and we always love parent involvement. You can pay by cash or check in the front office, or follow Art City PTA on fakebook/Instagram. There are links on their sites to join PTA.
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. The letter will contain recommendations for students in that class.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissed
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center