Mission Ridge Elementary
Owl News (Week of May 3rd)
Greetings Mission Ridge Owls!!
Hope you and your families are having a great weekend. Thank you for assisting us in providing our scholars another week of learning and hard work. We are ready to begin Week 7 of our last grading period.
We will continue to have asynchronous (self-paced) instruction on Friday afternoons. We will begin our day like we usually do on Monday through Thursday in TEAMS. At 10:30 AM, our teachers will post attendance and will have set up our scholars with their activities (independent work, Nearpod codes, book work) from 10:30 AM to 2:45 PM. Students are to submit their work at the end of the day to their teacher. As a reminder, Fridays are not a half day and all work needs to be submitted by end of the day.
As a reminder, expectation is that all students have their cameras on during direct instruction and for attendance purposes. Once teacher has completed their direct teach, they will give students opportunity to turn off camera and start working on their independent work. We appreciate your support in this as it is a part of accountability our teachers have for our students.
Students that are below 90% attendance for the school year of have lost credit for the school year due to absences, are required to attend our Attendance Camps every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3 PM - 4 PM. Students that attend our Learning Camps will get credit for Loss of Credit (LOC). We will be reaching out to you to notify you of mandatory attendance for these sessions.
Thank you to all the families that have sent in doctor's notes and excuses each time your child is out. By State law, we must communicate and ensure we know each time your child is out with an email.
Every time your child is ABSENT, please submit a note explaining why they are absent. We must have a NOTE for every absence from either a doctor or parent.
PLEASE help us and continue to send in their doctor’s notes and absence notes to the following email address.
email@example.com (MRE Attendance Secretary, Ms .Tiffanie Anchondo)
Warning Letters for Attendance
I will continue to make contact with all families that have absences. As district protocol, we issue warning letters at 5, 10 and 15 absences. The goal is to collaborate and have parents submit the notes/justifications for the absences. I will explain the 90% rule for attendance and how it affects your children. At 18 absences, your child is at Loss of Credit and we need to work together to ensure they don't lose credit for the year. As we talk, I will explain the process and ask that you please help submit ALL notes for any absence that your child has.
Cross Guard/Monitor Vacancies at MRE
If you would like to join our MRE Family as one of our Cross Guard/Monitors, please let me know by calling 915-938-2000 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have a vacancy in this position.
Please continue to stay safe and healthy. Continue practicing social distancing, wear your masks around others, and practice frequent hand washing.
Jesus Mendez, Principal
Anna Lozano, Asst. Principal
Sandra Aguirre, Asst. Principal
Teacher Appreciation Week
2021 SISD State of the district address
Keep SISD Safe / Mantener a SISD Seguro
As of Sunday, May 2nd, Hospitalization Rate is at 7.05% (41 days in current zone - GREEN.
Here is what we do know:
- We are able to bring in Traditional scholars on GREEN zone starting on Monday, April 5th, 2021.
- Parents who had selected for their child to return in GREEN ZONE have already been contacted.
- Please email for any questions: Jesus Mendez, email: email@example.com
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but please note that we will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines.
Safety Procedures for On Campus Learning
ESWIPE must be completed from home daily; please have screenshot ready to show every morning
YWCA After School Services at Mission Ridge
Student Attendance (Week of April 26th)
- Monday, April 26th: 94.64%
- Tuesday, April 27th: 96.54%
- Wednesday, April 28th: 96.66%
- Thursday, April 29th: 97.74%
- Friday, April 20th: 95.71%
Parents, thank you for your support in making sure you have your children in school every day, all day. We had an increase in comparison to the previous week. Thank you for ensuring your child is in school all day, every day.
G3 - G5 STAAR Testing
Our testing will begin on May 11th.
If you are still interested in having your child participate in this year's STAAR testing, please contact our Asst. Principal, Ms. Lozano, at 938-2000.
online registration for the 21-22 school year has begun!!
April 12th: New PK & KG Registration (3/4 year old)
April 19th: Returning Student Online Registration
- We ask of your support in reaching 100% of completed registration by the end of the week. As of Saturday morning, we were at 70% of our scholars registered. We still have about 20 students per grade level who have not started registration.
- As you know, there is a lot of growth around our campus with an apartment complex being built right across the street from our school and a lot of housing development on the sides and back of our school. We would like to save your child's slot for the next school year before we open registration for our new families. Please de not delay and register your child today.
May 10th: New KG-G12 Registration
Please give us a call at school at 938-2000 or stop by the school for any assistance.
Please click on link below to get started.
MRE Parent Letter on Grading
MRE Spring Fundraiser
Fundraiser Main Web Page
Fundraiser Kick Off Video
Fundraiser Main Link to Sign Up
Mission Ridge Owls Apparel Store Now Open
Meaningful May Calendar
May sel focus
Summer School dates
Join us for our Summer Bridge Camps!!
Summer School will be on the following dates:
- June 7th - June 11th (Monday - Friday) from 8 AM - 4 PM
- Transportation will be provided for those students who qualify
- Lunch will be provided
- MANDATORY for students who will have participated in a GPC and/or LOC meeting.
SISD Device User Agreement & Device Use Expectations
SISD Offering Free Meal Services
UPDATE: Meal Service/Servicio de Comida
- MRE meal service will be from 7 AM - 10 AM Monday to Friday.
- Our campus is CEP campus which means that all students receive free meals.
- Los servicios de comida en MRE seran de 7 AM - 10 AM lunes a viernes.
- Nuestra escuela es una escuela CEP donde todos los alumnos reciben su comida gratuita.