4th Grade News
Miss Harvey's and Mrs. Turner's Classes
Field Trip Reminders
On Friday, November 6th we are loading a charter bus and going to Austin! It will be a wonderful day of learning about Texas history. Please return the permission slip that indicates your child's shirt size and sandwich preference along with the $90 fee. The $90 cost covers educational materials, a shirt, lunchbag (with a lunch), water bottle, pizza dinner, and admission to museums. It is a fun-filled, action-packed educational day!
What Are We Learning?
- Math: We are finishing our first unit on place value and addition and subtraction. We are set to begin multiplication.
- Science: Matter matters! We've discussed physical properties of matter, including states of matter and how heat changes matter. Up next is mixtures and solutions.
- Social Studies: We are comparing the lives of contemporary and traditional Native Americans.
- Reading: We are working on KidBlog to post about what we've read. We are practicing cyber etiquette by responding to others' blogs. Reading homework is to create a signpost about the book they are reading at home and to comment on a classmate's signpost. This needs to happen twice a week.
- Writing: We love sacred writing time! Each day there is a new bit of trivia and vocabulary to write about or students may continue a writing that they have started previously. Ask your child what s/he wrote about today.
Thursday, Oct. 1: Picture Day
Tuesday, Oct. 6: Progress Report Day
Friday, Oct. 9: Early Release
Monday, Oct. 12: Student Holiday
Thursday, Oct. 15: Field Trip to Elm Fork
October 19-23 Parent Conference Week
Friday, October 30: Chavez Fish Fry and Carnival!