Week of February 3, 2020
In this Edition of Granville Academy
Information about Granville Academy and the GA Pirates:
- Science Olympiad Competition
- National School Counseling Week: Feb 3-7
- Join Us for a Tour THIS WEEK!
- Teacher of the Year: Mr. Michael Spradlin
- GA Pirate Proud Day: Friday, February 7
- Mid-Year Feedback Form
- New: Art Classes
- Math Support: Week of February 3
- GA K-5 & 6-8 Family Support/Outreach Groups
- Science Olympiad Calendar
- Box Tops for Education
- Volunteer Form
- GA Online Spirit Apparel Store
- February Birthdays
- Upcoming Dates
Information Grades 6-8
- Weekly Message: 6-8 Teachers
- Zoo Field Trip: March 13, 2020
Information Grades 9-12
- ACT: 11th Grade Students - February 25, 2020
- Method Test Prep (ACT/SAT)
- Meeting Information: Secondary Courses
- Summer Volunteer Opportunity
- Granville Academy Application 2020 - 2021
GA Information for All
National School Counseling Week 2020
"School Counselors: Helping Build Better Humans, will be celebrated from Feb. 3-7, 2020, to focus public attention on the unique contribution of school counselors within U.S. school systems. National School Counseling Week, sponsored by ASCA, highlights the tremendous impact school counselors can have in helping students achieve school success and plan for a career. National School Counseling Week is always celebrated the first full week in February."
Mrs. Annette Glass is the Granville Academy Counselor. She serves our GA Pirates in so many ways to support their success. We are so thankful Mrs. Glass is on our team as a Pirate! If you see her this week, please be sure to show your gratitude for all of her inspiring work within our community.
GA Mid-Year Feedback 2020
Granville Academy Pirates:
Please take a moment to provide the GA Team with some feedback about your experiences this school year! You can access the form here.
Thank you in advance!
Granville Academy K-5 & 6-8 Family Support/Outreach Groups
K-5 & 6-8 Granville Academy families:
There are two Facebook groups that are set up for GA Pirates and families in grades K-5 & 6-8 (as parents and students) to come together and get to know each other better. The idea behind the pages is to have somewhere to go for support (help with assignments that may be confusing) or to plan a fun outing with the group ("Hey, anyone want to go to the park and have lunch this Friday?").
Please note the pages are set up to protect the privacy of students & families. Only GA Pirates are allowed to join. Please search for the groups on Facebook!
We are looking forward to getting to know our GA Pirates!
GA Science Olympiad Calendar
GA Box Tops for Education
Granville Academy is continuing to participate in the Box Top for Education program this year!
Please view the flyer below for updated information on how to participate and earn money for our school.
Information Grades 6-8
Message from 6-8 Teachers:
I have attached the checklists for this week, and they have also been posted on Google Classroom for students to access.
- Monday, Feb. 3 until 3pm at Mary Potter Campus
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 until 3pm at Tar River Campus
- Friday, Feb. 7 from 9am-12pm at Tar River Campus
- Friday, Feb. 7 from 1pm-4pm at Mary Potter Campus
Report Cards & Parent Conferences
- Report cards may be picked up after school this week
- Unless you have been contacted by us specifically, parent conferences are not required
- If you would like a parent conference, please click here. These conferences will be 15 minutes long. If you require a longer conference, please choose "None of the available options work for me" and comment times that you are available. We will reach out to you soon to finalize a time.
- Middle grades will be taking a field trip to the NC Zoo on Friday, March 13th
- Information and permission forms were sent home last week. If your student was absent, they will get this information as soon as they return.
- Money can be collected any day at the Mary Potter campus. However, money can only be collected at the Tar River campus on Wednesdays.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or need another permission form please reach out to Mrs. Young
Please reach out to us if you have any questions!
Zoo Field Trip: March 13, 2020
The middle school grades from Granville Academy will be taking a field trip to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro, NC on Friday, March 13th. The cost of the trip for students will be $15 each. This helps to cover the cost of transportation to the NC Zoo. We will be providing transportation in an activity bus for students. Parents who wish to go as a chaperone may drive their own vehicle and follow the bus to the NC Zoo.
If you wish to go, please complete the forms sent home with your student and return them, along with your money, to Mrs. Young no later than Friday, February 28th.
*****Money can be collected any day at the GA Mary Potter Campus, but money can only be collected on Wednesdays at the GA Tar River Campus.*****
View this document for more information in detail.
Information Grades 9-12
ACT: All 11th Graders - February 25, 2020
All Granville Academy 11th graders are required to take the ACT on February 25th. All students must be at the Mary Potter Campus by 8 a.m.
Please contact Mary Warehime with any testing questions.
Remember that every 11th-grade student has access to Method Test Prep through the Clever portal to prepare for the ACT.
Meeting Information: Secondary Courses
All secondary online courses offer weekly office hours or Live Lessons! The information to join the sessions are provided within each course by the instructor. Access is also provided using this document.
The document includes a view all of the dates, times, and access information for virtual meetings for the GA & GO secondary courses.