C.A.M.P. at Home
Lone Star Longhorns Learning at Home
Week of April 6 - 10
Click Here for Mrs. Sample's Website
Email Mrs. Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
This week we are learning about Easter and Spring!
***If you are having trouble opening eBook links...
Click on the links to Abdo Digital Book Shelf and Big Timber Media here before opening the eBook links below. You may also search for the title using the the links included in Free eBook Resources below.
- Renchenka’s Eggs by Patricia Polacco - YouTube Link
- Great Eggscape by John Jory - YouTube Link
- Spring by Stephanie Hedlund - eBook link from Abdo Elementary Digital Bookshelf (see free eBook Resources below)
- Bunnies by Kelsie Japp - eBook link from My Big Timber Media Grades PK-2 Collection (see free eBook Resources below)
Makerspace and Tech Activities
- Wiggling Whiskers - Guess What? – Cherry Lake Publishing - eBook link from My Big Timber Media Grades PK-2 Collection (see free eBook Resources below)
- Guess What? Activity based on Wiggling Whiskers above
- Backyard Critter Crafts by Sammy Bosch - eBook link from Abdo Elementary Digital Bookshelf (see free eBook Resources below)
- Check out Bashful Bunnies on p. 12 and Big Butterfly on p. 24
- Butterfly Garden by Alex Kuskowski - eBook link from Abdo Elementary Digital Bookshelf (see free eBook Resources below)
- Share a picture of a butterfly garden you have planted or draw a plan for a butterfly garden.
- Easter Egg Hunt - ABCya.com
- Make an Easter Egg - ABCya.com
- Art Playground - Create your own Easter or Spring Picture using this Code.org site.
- Artist - Create your own Easter Egg with this Code.org site.
Send your pictures to Mrs. Ritchie at email@example.com
Ear Popping Bunny with Mrs. Ritchie
paper, marker/crayon, scissors, pencil, tape
Fun Spring/Easter Projects to try!
Peek a Boo Clothes Pin Easter Egg - YouTube link
Clothespin, craft foam or paper, glue, markers, scissors
Spring Time Paper Flowers - YouTube link
Paper, paint (optional), scissors, glue, markers or crayons
Playdough Butterfly - YouTube link
Playdough! If you don’t have any, try this recipe. I have used this recipe many times!
Easy Egg Carton Bunny - Website with written directions
egg carton, paint, scissors, glue, marker, cotton ball, pencil
String Easter Eggs - Website with written directions
Embroidery floss (suggested, but I have used yarn just fine!), balloon, glue (regular school glue has worked for me!), scissors, optional ribbon for bows or filler for inside.
Click here for Mrs. Gauthier's Website
This week, learn a little bit about the composer Camille Saint-Saens and his famous composition, Carnival of the Animals. Click on the links below to begin your listening adventure.
Carnival of the Animals Story - video of Mrs. Gauthier reading a book describing and explaining the famous composition.
Carnival of the Animals Music - youtube video of the entire composition.
As you listen to the story video, you can pause it and then listen to the accompanying song on the youtube video.
In addition to listening to the music, you can create movements or play rhythms to go along with each song and even journal about which song is your favorite and why. There is also a link to some craft activities to go along with a few of the songs. There are so many fun things you can do with Carnival of the Animals. The ideas are endless so have fun listening and creating! Send pictures of any of your creations.
Carnival of the Animals Craftivity - click here for instructions and templates for craft activities to go along with some of the songs.
Students are still able to create a student account to access resources from our music curriculum at Quavermusic.com. For instructions on how to create your student account and start exploring, click on the link below:
Once you have created your account, you can start exploring the different features of your Student Dashboard. If you haven't already, be sure to click on the ASSIGNMENTS button to see what your grade level has been assigned.
If you have any trouble when creating your account, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.E. with Mrs. Wisnieske and Mrs. Jones
Click Here for Mrs. Wisnieske's Website
Email Mrs. Wisnieske at email@example.com
We hope you have fun working out to some or all of these videos in order to stay healthy and fit! Remember: KEEP MOVING!
Come Workout with Mrs. Wisnieske
Lesson for Fitness Drumming: 3 minute lesson
Fitness Drumming Workout: 12 minute workout
Fitness Drumming: YouTube Workout Video
3 workout and exercise YouTube videos