Symmes Elementary School
August 14, 2020
Hello Symmes Families-
We hope you and your family are well and we look forward to the start of the school year.
Principal, Symmes Elementary
Mark your Calendar!
- September 1: Drive-Thru Meet the Teacher event for Face-to-Face students. See below for some additional details.
- September 3: Transition Day for Symmes Face-to-Face students with last names starting with A-L.
- September 4: Transition Day for Symmes Face-to-Face students with last names starting with M-Z.
- September 7: Labor Day- No School
- September 8: First Day ALL Students
- October 27: Picture Day
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM STUDENTS
September 7: Labor Day - No School
September 8: First Day ALL Students
Still planning: Picture Day for Virtual Classroom students, Meet the Teacher event, and chromebook pick-up.
DRIVE THRU MEET THE TEACHER
If you have school supplies that you don't want your child to have to carry into school on their first day, you can drop them off with their teacher at this time. Please place items in a disposable bag and label with your child's name and teacher.
Face-to-Face students will be expected to turn in district laptops at this time.
IMPORTANT- If your child will need medication administered or kept in the Nurse's office this year you must drop off the medication and medication orders with Nurse Ferron during the Drive Thru Meet the Teacher. Here is the link to our medication order form:
Please take this to your physician to sign. We need an order for any prescribed medication or over the counter medication. Nurse Ferron will have a tent to drive up to and drop off medication and orders during this event.
We are excited to welcome back our students to school whether they will be attending school face-to-face or virtually! For our students who will be attending school face-to-face, Sycamore has decided to implement transition days for our Kindergarten - 4th grade students to help make the transition back to school a little bit easier.
For the face-to-face students whose last names begin with A through L: their transition start date will be on Thursday, September 3rd. For the face-to-face students whose last name begin with M through Z, their transition start date will be on Friday, September 4th. All students (virtual and face-to-face) will begin attending classes on Tuesday, September 8th.
This transition day for face-to-face learning will allow our students to begin to learn the new safety protocol routines more easily as well as to ease our students back into the buildings.
More information will be coming soon regarding transition activities for our virtual classroom learners.
Preschool families - you will receive more details in regards to preschool’s start date soon.
Final Forms Reminder
A note from our school nurse
SCHOOL SUPPLY NOTES
- We will be giving each face-to-face student a personal pouch with a clean and a dirty side for mask storage during lunch and recess. See photo to the left.
- Remember that students will not be sharing ANY supplies during the school day. Please label everything you can with your child's name- including headphones, jackets, luchboxes, backpacks, and school supplies.
- The drinking fountains will not be operational this year but our water bottle filling stations will be. Please consider sending a water bottle with a closed or lidded drinking area with your student.
- You may also wish to send your student to school with a personal pack of tissues and a personal hand sanitizer.
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM STUDENTS
- If your child will be a virtual classroom student, we suggest choosing a suitable workspace and assembling your student's school supplies so they are easy for them to access throughout the school day.
Shop at AvesHangar.com
The new online store at aveshangar.com features 150+ Sycamore Aviators-licensed items and other gifts including:
School supplies and required readings;
Aves Face Masks - two styles;
Spirit and sportswear from Nike, Under Armour, and Champion brands; AND
Novelty and gift items (stickers, water bottles, flags, magnets, mugs).
We offer free contactless delivery within the District (including any school locations for teachers and staff) on all orders $19.99 and above, as well as curbside pickup at the Sycamore High School main office/theatre entrance on Wednesdays in August. If that time doesn't work for you, please reach out, and we will do our best to work out other arrangements.
As always, enjoy tax-free shopping at the Aves Hangar. As a non-profit organization, we never charge tax on any items and sales benefit Sycamore High School PTO. For questions or more information, email Amy Browns Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
kerakmi? 你需要帮助吗？ 도움이 필요하세요? お手伝いします?
Click here to be connected with Symmes Ambassadors: https://www.sycamoreschools.org/domain/909