Mrs. Roberts' First Grade News
December 1st - December 5th
Reading/ Language Arts
- Reading Comprehension- discover new learning while reading nonfiction books
- Reading Groups
- Compound Words
- Word Family: -ack
Fry Sight Words:
could, first, who, been, part
Writing a Personal Narrative.
Please send to school a picture of your child during a recent vacation or trip to a special place. They will need this to complete their personal narrative writing project. Thank you!
- Measuring different units and objects
- Addition/Subtraction Fact Families
- Counting forwards and backwards from any number up to 50
Patterns in Movement
Describing how objects move
Key Words: straight line, zig zag, backwards, forwards, movement, direction, up and down
- Understanding different cultural holiday traditions
- Historical Figures
- November 13th - Chick fil a Night
- November 14th - Family Movie Night
- December 6th - Breakfast with Santa
- December 11th - School Holiday Store (students can shop for family holiday gifts)
- December 19th - Class Holiday Party. Early Release at 11:40am
- December 22nd- January 5th- Winter Break
If you have not done so already, please send your child's field trip permission and payment as soon as possible.
- istation- Your child can log in and play the fun learning games that are specific towards their area of needed growth. Please do NOT allow your child to take the assessment piece at home. This will take place at school in the computer lab. See the log in information that was sent home in report cards.
- Raz-Kids or Readers
- Practice basic math addition facts