FAC Summer Update - Back to School!
August 14, 2022
Good Afternoon, FAC Family
We are so excited to see our Fine Arts Center students tomorrow for the first day of the 2022-23 School Year! Below is some final information that should help our FAC Families to have a smooth start to the school year. As always, please call our Main Office with any questions - (864) 355-2550.
AM Student Arrival from GCS High Schools via School Bus
We have been in communication with all of the GCS High Schools regarding arrival times for our morning students on the first day(s) of school. Some of our colleagues will be holding brief informational and logistics sessions for students that are essential for the start of the school year. Here is the list we received regarding departure times for the shuttle bus to the FAC from GCS High Schools.
- Berea High School - bus for morning students may arrive 15-20 minutes late on the first day.
- Blue Ridge High School - morning students remain at Blue Ridge until 9:30 am on the first day. Bus to depart after informational session
- Carolina High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Eastside High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Fountain Inn High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Greenville Senior High Academy - morning students remain at Greenville until 9:30 am for first two days.
- Greer High School - FAC students depart at 9:05 on first day, 8:55 on second day.
- Hillcrest High School - morning students will be held at Hillcrest for 10-15 minutes and then leave for the FAC at 9 am on the first day.
- JL Mann High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Mauldin High School - morning students in homeroom at Mauldin until 9:15 on the first day of school.
- Riverside High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Southside High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Travelers Rest High School - FAC students will be 30-45 minutes late to class at the FAC on the first day.
- Wade Hampton High School - FAC students sent to us on time.
- Woodmont High School - morning students in advisory at Woodmont on the first day of school until 9:00 am.
We still have students and parents who have not completed the Student-Parent Handbook Acknowledgement. All families who have not completed the task have been emailed. We will be following up with additional communication tomorrow (Monday).
As a reminder, students will not be allowed to attend the Fine Arts Center without acknowledging the Handbook. We appreciate your compliance with this required task.
We also have a large number of families who have not completed the Student Information Form, which provides us with the most up-to-date contact information for each student. If you have not yet completed this task, please see Summer Update #1 for the link to this important form.
Absences from the FAC
Parents and students should be fully informed of the GCS and FAC procedures on attendance through the reading of pages 3, 4, 22, and 23 of the Student/Parent Handbook. Parents should use the following link to report an absence to the Fine Arts Center - https://forms.gle/ZArp88MeToYZzYPG9. The Google Form allows you to upload a documentation such as a medical note or parent note. Please remember that all documentation must be turned in within two (2) days of the student's return to school. Failure to do so will result in the absence categorized as "unexcused."
The following website contains both the link to report absences and a link for the Pre-Arranged Absence Form - https://www.fineartscenter.net/page.asp?titleid=absences. The procedure for Pre-Arranged Absences is outlined on page 22 and 23 of the Student/Parent Handbook.
Reminder - Sign Up For Text Messages
The Fine Arts Center would like to reach our FAC Families via text message, sending reminders and event announcements on a regular basis. This process can be accomplished through the GCS Parent Backpack account. Please click on the below link for instructions:
Student IDs for Non-GCS Students
We are in the process of creating IDs for our non-GCS students. There has been a slight delay due to a printing issue, and we anticipate having this resolved by the middle of the week. We have temporary IDs for all of our non-GCS students ready for tomorrow, and will replace them with permanent IDs as quickly as possible.
If you have not yet sent your picture to us for your ID, please email Ms. Bryan at email@example.com.
Opportunities to Buy FAC Merch
The new FAC merch on sale at the Open House was a huge hit! We still have some inventory left, which can be purchased by students in the FAC lobby before and after each class session. We accept Venmo and Credit Card payments.
If we are out of your size, you can place a request to order at the following link. Please note that vendors require a minimum order of 24 items. If we do not get at least 24 orders of a particular item, we will need to cancel the order. A refund will be provided in this case.
FAC MERCH AVAILABLE FOR SALE
WAYS TO SUPPORT THE FAC
SIGN UP FOR AMAZON SMILE, PUBLIX PARTNERS, HARRIS TEETER T.I.E.
- August 15 - First Day of the 2022-2023 School Year!
- Monday, September 5 - No School; Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 6 - Student Recital: Michelle West, Cello
- Friday, September 16 - Thursday, September 22 - Dance Artist-in-Residence: Carlos DeBarros
- Monday, September 19 - Wednesday, September 21 - Chamber Strings Artists-in-Residence: The Cerruti Quartet
- Tuesday, September 20 - Professional Recital: The Cerruti Quartet
- Friday, September 23 - FAC College Day
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.