CSD Independent Study with Stride
Friday, September 10, 2021
Stride Parent On-boarding and Support Sessions
For those of you who were able to attend the sessions, we hope that you were able to gain a better understanding of Stride Learning platform and got your questions and concerns resolved. For those who were not able to attend, below are links to the slide decks and recordings of the sessions for you to review whenever you need it. We will also post these resources on our district ISVSP website under "Additional Resources/Support from Stride" tab for future reference.
Support Session for Grades K-5
Support Session for Grades 6-8
Independent Study Virtual School Program Requirements!
Please take a few minutes to review the following important requirements for the ISVSP. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Linh Nguyen, Assistant Superintendent of Ed Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-558-4916.
- ISVSP is a long-term Independent Study Program (at least 15 school days or more).
- ISVSP requires a commitment from parents/guardians, as your child's Learning Coach (about 3-5 hours per day), to support and monitor your child's learning, engagement, and daily attendance. This will require parents/guardians to dedicate time to learn how to navigate the Stride Learning platform and how to reach out to Stride for both technical and learning support as needed. If your student struggles with attendance, engagement, and work completion, the district will begin the process of the re-engagement back to in-person instruction as quickly as possible.
- Because this is a substantial supplemental cost to the district, your child's daily attendance, engagement in synchronous and asynchronous instruction, and work completion of all courses are requirements to maintain your child's enrollment in this program in order for the district to recover the Average Daily Attendance (ADA).
- ISVSP is NOT and should NOT be used for travel purposes. ISVSP was created as an alternative to in-person instruction for students whose health may be put at risk by attending class in-person at school. It is expected that students are attending the online classes from home and are not traveling out of town while school is in session. Violation of this policy will result in your child's dis-enrollment from ISVSP immediately.
As a requirement of the independent study program, your child will be participating in the Cambrian district’s assessment. Your supervising teacher will send communication regarding the assessment schedule. All district assessments will be administered online.
A copy of the district assessments results will be mailed to you electronically once our assessment window closes. For more information about CSD assessments, please visit our district website at https://www.cambriansd.org/Page/3458.
How to Return to In-person Instruction When You Are Ready!
When you and your child are ready to return to in-person instruction, the district will work with you and staff to return your student back to in-person instruction within 5 days.
Please note that you are not guaranteed a spot at your home school for the 2021-22 school year, but staff will do our very best to make that happen. Re-enrollment back to in-person learning will be dependent on space availability at all of our school sites within the school district.
Please contact Mr. Linh Nguyen, Assistant Superintendent of Ed Services, at email@example.com or 408-558-4916.
Required Regular Check-in with District Supervising Teachers
In addition to your child’s Stride virtual teacher, your child will have a Cambrian supervising teacher who will conduct regularly scheduled check-ins.
Grade TK-3 Students:
Every Wednesday 8:30-8:45am
Meeting ID: 958 1161 1034
Grade 4-5 Students:
Daily (Monday-Friday) 8:45-9:00am
Meeting ID: 972 6620 3998
Grade 6-8 Students:
Meeting ID: 986 1534 2793
District Supervising Teachers
Your child has been assigned a District Supervising Teacher. If you have district related questions, please email the following contacts:
TK-2: Emily White, firstname.lastname@example.org
3-5: Kristin Fery, email@example.com
6-8: Chrissy Terwilliger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with IEPs: Christina Sanchez, email@example.com
The Cambrian School District website also has additional information under this ISVSP link, including the steps to check out a Cambrian device if needed.
Additional Resources and Support from Stride
If you have any questions or concerns about your child's academic program and your role as the Learning Coach, please reach out to your child's Stride teacher(s).
If you have technical questions about Stride's learning platform, such accessing your account, loggin, course materials, etc., please use the following contact information for assistance:
- Engage Strong Start Website (LC-specific resource for getting started, events and resources). Includes links to resources that may have been previously shared too.
- Service Station (knowledgebase of FAQ – geared for any user, access to call/chat/submit a ticket for support, contact Academic Support chat)
- K12 Help Desk (expansive knowledgebase of FAQ – geared for full-time virtual families, help articles, system how-tos)