January 14, 2022
A Belated Welcome Back!
Teachers have hit the ground running with students. On our teacher in service day, all teachers were asked to reflect on the following question: "How can we be more efficient with our extremely limited time and maximize learning opportunities?" Immediately, BSE teachers reflected on ways to maximize learning and student engagement which will impact students growth. BSE teachers are dedicated and driven.
As we all find ourselves getting back to "school schedule", we want to share a few ways families can support their students so that they are successful and safe.
- Get a solid night's sleep (9-12 hours of sleep is recommended for school age children 6-12)
- Eat breakfast (free breakfast for all students is served each morning until 7:45 at BSE)
- Remove devices (iPads) from students' bedrooms.
- Charge iPads each night in a room other than the student's bedroom so that it is ready for learning the next day.
- READ every afternoon or evening for at least 20 minutes. This builds reading skills, confidence, vocabulary, and the love of reading.
- Set routines.
- Set limits for screen time.
- Ask your student about his/her day. (What made you the most proud today? What was the most challenging thing today? How were you a leader in your classroom? How were you a friend today?)
- Send your student with a mask to wear and an extra in the backpack. Masks are required on school buses. Grab a mask with coat and backpack.
As we all work together, students will learn, grow, & achieve. We are a community. We are BSE!
Mr. Hoog and Mrs. Kussy
Meet Mr. King-BSE's New Art Teacher
BSE Bears at Work! Learning & Growing!
HSE COVID Protocols
As a reminder, HSE sent a Skylert to all families with the revised Return to Instruction Plan which includes updated COVID Protocols. A copy of that Skylert can be found below.
Families, if your child is displaying symptoms, please keep them at home and follow guidance outlined in the Return to In-Person Instruction Plan.
Vaccinations may be scheduled at www.ourshot.in.gov.
Thank you for your patience and support.
BSE PTO January Newsletter
Please click here to read the latest edition of our PTO newsletter.
In this issue:
- Math & Science Night Update
- Pacers Night!
- Spirit Wear - FREE SHIPPING for a limited time
- Staff Appreciation Update
- Stock the Snack Cart Sign Up
- Library Helpers Sign Up
Mudsock Youth Athletic Updates
Register Now For Spring Programs
What will you play? Open registration for spring baseball, softball, soccer, boys and girls lacrosse, rugby and track and field runs through January 31st at myathletics.com. After the 31st, waitlists may form for certain sports in various divisions. Season information and program fees can be found here.
Located on the Community Insider here: https://www.hseschools.org/happenings/community-insider/bulletin-details?itemid=686
Girls Lacrosse TRY-IT Day – January 9th
Calling all girls in grades 1st - 8th! Drop by the FREE Mudsock Girls Lacrosse TRY-IT Day on January 9th anytime between 12-2 p.m. at Finch Creek Field House. All equipment provided and no experience necessary. Get the scoop over the upcoming spring season, try a few drills and get hooked. In addition to meeting board members, coaches and youth players, the HSE High School Lacrosse Team will be running the stations!
Located on the Community Insider here: https://www.hseschools.org/happenings/community-insider/bulletin-details?itemid=684