September 2, 2022
As you and your family prepare for our first day of school, please remember the following:
- Breakfast and lunch continue to be free for all of our students
- Like other Fridays, our first Friday (9/9) is a 1:35pm dismissal day.
- Please be patient during our AM drop-off and PM pick-up times. The first few days can be a bit congested as we learn and practice new routines. This includes the second week of school when we welcome our Kindergarteners!
As a follow-up to last week's MOE News, below are a number of additional updates and a few "replays" that pertain to back-to-school. Thank you in advance for your time and attention in reading through the below information.
- Monday, September 5 - Labor Day (Office Closed)
- Wednesday, September 7 - 1st Day of School (Grades 1-5)
- Wednesday, September 7, through Friday, September 9 - Kindergarten WaKIDS Meetings
- Friday, September 9 - LIF Day (1:35pm release)
- Monday, September 12 - 1st Day of Kindergarten
- Tuesday, September 13 - PTA Board Meeting
- Friday, September 16 - LIF Day (1:35pm release)
- Wednesday, September 21 - Curriculum Night (Time TBD -- stay tuned!)
- Friday, September 23 - LIF Day (1:35pm release)
- Wednesday, September 28 - SMILE! Dorian Individual Picture Day
- Friday, September 30 - LIF Day (1:35pm release)
Watch Dogs Info
Last night, September 1st, we hosted our first Watch D.O.G.S information meeting. We will plan on having an additional Watch D.O.G.S meeting in the near future. Watch D.O.G.S. are parental figures and family members who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. ® school. Our students and staff are very appreciative of having Watch Dogs in our building. We look forward to having you here as a “first time” or repeat Watch Dog.
All Watch Dogs need to be cleared through our District's Volunteer site. It can take up to two weeks to be processed so please plan ahead. Below is the link to District Volunteer application:
If your volunteer status is approved and you are ready to pick a date to be a Watch DOG, please sign up using the following link:
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Rodriguez via phone at 425-385-7391 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to partnering with you!
Monroe AM and PM Procedures
(Repeat Informational Item)
Our front parking lot provides a wonderful amount of space for daily drop-off and pick-up. Most mornings and afternoons, our parking lot is busy but efficient with "rush-hour" lasting roughly fifteen minutes at the most. However, during the first few days of school, our parking lot is far busier than normal. Please remember to add a few minutes to your normal routine and help us out by being patient during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.
- Students arriving by bus will enter through the school’s side door, directly adjacent to our bus loop.
- Students arriving by vehicle will enter through the school’s main door, directly adjacent to our car-rider, drop-off loop.
- Students will proceed to the cafeteria for breakfast or to their designated arrival areas with kindergarteners gathering at the front of the school in our Eagles’ Nest, first, second and third graders in our gym, and fourth/fifth graders under the covered area near our playground. All students will wait for their teacher, by class.
- As noted below, every Eagle may eat breakfast for free this year, but this is 100% optional and not expected in any regard.
- Parents/Guardians: Should you want to walk your child/children in each morning, we ask that you do not proceed past our main lobby. While we absolutely love our families, this ask is aligned with our school safety plan as it helps ensure that our building is safe and secure each and every day. The first day is always a bit different (and we understand that), but beyond September 7th, we ask that you say goodbye for the morning from our lobby - Thank you!
- Students traveling home by bus will wait in our gym for their bus to be called. A team member will escort students to each bus for loading.
- Students traveling home by vehicle will exit our school’s main door, accompanied by their teacher, and wait in the designated pick-up location for their grade level/class.
- Parents/guardians picking up will enter our Monroe parking lot through the center lot entrance (south entrance will be closed - north entrance is designated for exiting vehicles).
- Parents/guardians choosing to park will enter and turn left to park in available parking spots in the northern part of our parking lot. Please note that parking spots may be limited, and exiting the parking lot will require you to merge with others picking up via their vehicle. If you are walking up, it is absolutely imperative that you cross our crosswalk and pick up your child from in front of our school. Please note that we cannot allow our students to cross the crosswalk and enter the parking lot without an adult.
- Parents/guardians picking up via their vehicle will follow the designated traffic flow (see below graphic) and pick up their child at that grade level’s designated waiting area.
- To keep traffic flowing, please turn right onto 27th Avenue.
We ask for your patience and cooperation, especially during the first few days of the school year. Drop-off and pick-up procedures will become more efficient within the first few days. As the school year begins, we are all learning/relearning these procedures.
Your patience, support, and cooperation are truly appreciated as we work together to keep our Eagles safe!
Everett Public Schools to Host Regional Meetings
You are invited to connect with our Everett Public Schools Region Two Regional Superintendent, Cathy Woods, to engage in conversation about Back to School and to provide feedback to help us improve. We want to hear from you and hope you can attend an in-person meeting to share your thoughts.
October Let’s Connect! Meeting
Topic: Back to School
Date: October 6, 2022
Time: 6 - 7 p.m.
Location: Evergreen MS - Cafeteria
Questions that will be posed:
- What are the academic needs your student may have?
- What does student achievement mean to you?
Everett Public Schools Newsletter
Each month, our Everett Public Schools sends a newsletter to all of our families with information pertaining to all of our schools/programs. The Back-to-School (September) version of our district's newsletter is attached below for your consideration. In this month’s newsletter, you will find updates on each of the below topics.
- School meals update
- Attendance reminders
- SBA updates
- And many additional back-to-school reminders
On behalf of our Monroe Team, we are truly excited to serve you and your family this coming school year. Please enjoy these remaining sunny summer days and join us next Thursday for our Meet Your Teacher Night. We look forward to seeing you again soon as we fly fearlessly into the 2022/2023 school year together!
Win the Day, Eagles!
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School