Mrs. Johnson's First Grade
WE RISE BY LIFTING OTHERS 😊
Weekly News and Reminders for the week of November 2nd- November 6th
Dear classroom family,
******NO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY< NOVEMBER 3rd DUE TO ELECTION DAY******
Parents, be on the look out for a Zoom Conference day and time schedule coming this Week on DOJO
Please remember to send a water bottle and a healthy snack with your child each day (the fountains are not in use for drinking only refilling water bottles)
- Please remember to bring a pair of headphones to keep at school for your child if they do not have a pair here.
- School doors will open at 7:30 (students will not wait in the cafeteria this year)
- Please remember to bring your Chromebooks EVERYDAY to school. The students will be taking them back and forth.
- Please wear a mask that fits their face each day so you can be can safe.
- Please remember to sign your child's Attestation Form each day either on car line when you drop off or at bus pick up (this is the small card that that says your child does not have any Covid symptoms - we will send your child a new card when it gets filled up
- Temperatures will be taken at school as students arrive using a thermal scanner - anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be allowed to stay.
***Please make sure you child knows how they are getting home everyday. If it changes from what we have, you must send a note with your child or let us know before 2:00 pm. *** Your child's safety and education is my number one goal****
Tuesday, November 3rd
No students will be at the school today
Remote Learning day for Students (students will not come to the school to learn on this day, students will learn remotely from home). It is a Teacher Workday.
Go to to remotely learn about Veteran's Day
Read Little Book
"I CAN" Statements for the week 12
Reading/ELA: RI.1.2 Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
L.1.1, RF.1.2, RF.1.2d,1.RF1.3aI can print uppercase and lowercase letters. I can isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllables words. Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes)
1.OA.6 I can understand the meaning of the equal sign
1.MEH.1.1 Use effective communication to express and cope with emotions. using "Zones of Regulations"
1.C. 1.1. Compare the languages, traditions, and holidays of various cultures.