School News You Can Use
Hello Walden Families!
We had a Spooktacular week at Walden School! Our wild Walden Witch returned to the premise as she usually does on Halloween. She's a sneaky one! We had a wonderful afternoon participating in our class parties. enjoying an indoor parade via Zoom, and having lots of fun doing special classroom activities with our teachers. It was a very fun day!
Have a happy Halloween with your families! Be safe around the neighborhood on Sunday night and we'll see you on Monday!
109 GIVES BACK FOOD & SUPPLY DRIVE!
Monday kicks off our 2nd annual 109 Gives Back Food & Supply Drive benefiting the West Deerfield Township Food Pantry! All six schools are working together to collect 5,000 items to help ensure everyone has a great Thanksgiving and holiday season. Donations can be placed in a bin inside the front entrance of our school from November 1-5 and from November 8-10. If you have any questions, visit www.dps109.org/109givesback.
FAMILY ACCESS UNAVAILABLE
Please note that Family Access will be down from October 20-29 and then from November 5-19 to allow grades to be submitted. Please contact Kristin Neu (email@example.com) with any questions.
Snack Reminder (2nd Posting)
Indoor Lunch Plan (2nd Posting)
As we prepare for the cold weather, we have revised our lunch procedures to accommodate all students as they eat inside of the building.
Here is what you need to know:
- The tents will be removed at the end of the month and all students will eat indoors beginning on November 1.
- The lunch and recess schedule will remain exactly the same for all Walden students:
- K, 1, 3 - 11:25-12:20
- 2, 4, 5, - 12:25-1:20
- Students will either be assigned to a seat in the multipurpose room or in the classroom with 6 feet of distance between all students.
Students will still be assigned a seat and table.
- Students who have been eating in the MPR will remain there.
- Students who have been eating in the tents will transition to eating in their classrooms.
- These assignments may change as we reevaluate, however, this is the schedule beginning on Nov. 1. We will communicate with you if your child's lunch placement changes.
- All classrooms will remain split with students eating and having recess at different times to allow for greater physical distancing.
PTO Special lunches (Marla's Lunches) will still be available.
There will no longer be a need for towels at school. We will be sending those home in early November.
Now that we have students eating in classrooms, peanut/nut products will no longer be allowed at school.
We anticipate a smooth transition in a few weeks since this schedule and eating plan is familiar to most of our students and teachers.
Thank you for your support!
Parent Teacher Conferences (2nd Posting)
Looking To Opt Out Of A Week of SHIELD Testing?
Click here to access the form.
We share the same form each week. If you'd like to opt your child out each week, the form will need to be filled out on a week-by-week basis.
Forms are due by Tuesday at 3pm.
Nov. 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
Nov. 22 - Parent Teacher Conferences (Evening Only)
Nov. 23 - No School - Parent Teacher Conferences (Daytime Only)
Nov. 24-26 - Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 20-31 - Winter Break