chapter 8 Ancient greece
700 B.C.-212 B.C.
- Hades was the first son of Cronus and brother of Poseidon and Zeus.
- Hades became the god of the underworld after overthrowing his father with the help of his brothers.
- Hades was greedy and his sole purpose was to increase the number of souls in his kingdom aka (the underworld)
- Cerberus also known as demon of the pit guarded the entrance of the underworld
the Greek mind
- The Greek mind believed the human mind was of great understanding
- many Greek philosophers were teachers
- Hippocratic was (the father of medicine) he believed diseases came from natural causes and others believed they came from evil spirits
- Alexander The Great was the leader of the Greek kingdom of Macedonia.
- spread his empire from Greece to India
- he led a building campaign that changed the world
- spread many ideas across the ancient world
- refers to the spread of Greek culture
- this was caused by Alexanders building campaign
- it lasted from 323 B.C. to 31 B.C.
- begun after the Conquest in the 4th century B.C.E.