The Comstock Chronicle
Together is better, so let's stay connected!
This Week at JKC
Tuesday, September 8
- 5:30- 6:30- PTA Board Meeting in the library- only PTA staff liaisons to attend this meeting
- 6:30- PTA meeting and Watch DOGS kick-off event in the cafeteria- one representative per team to attend this event.
Wednesday, September 9
- Section I of PDAS Teacher Self Report Due in Eduphoria
- 12:30- 3:30- Brea and Pam off campus for training
- 3:15- Staff Meeting in the library- all staff to attend
- Mrs. Youtt will present counseling updates
- Staff will sign up for CIT committees- chairpersons and secretaries will be elected
Thursday, September 10
- Student post cards due to Mrs. Vogel by 4:00 pm. Please have these turned in on time. She will mail them all at the same time, and we want all of our kids to receive them at the same time.
- 9:00 am- Curriculum Coordinator, Lorie Squalls, on campus to see grammar talks. You will be notified if we are coming to your classroom.
Friday, September 11
- 8:00- JKC Live in the cafeteria
- 8:45- Campus visit- Area Director, Christy Fiori
Saturday, September 12
- Baylee is getting married- congratulations!
Save the Date!
9/15- Spirit Lifter Dues due to Jennifer Vogel
9/16- Staff meeting
9/17- Curriculum Night Kinder- 2nd 5:30- 6:30; 3rd- 5th 6:45- 7:45
9/19- Super Saturday (attend only if you need PD hours or GT cert- kinder and 5th)
9/20- 9/26- Comstock celebrates College Week
9/22- Early Reading Behaviors training for K-3 reps.
9/23- ITL Meeting- no staff meeting
9/29- CIT (campus improvement team) Meeting #1
9/29- Bus Evacuation Drill
9/30- Staff Meeting
10/1- Progress Reports go home
10/1- Fall Pictures (schedule forthcoming)
10/1- Name and Need Meetings for 1st, Kinder and 5th
10/2- Name and Need Meetings for 4th, 2nd, and 3rd
10/6- 10/8- CoGat Testing for 5th grade
10/7- Staff Meeting
10/8- McTown Klownz assembly for K-2 8:00 am in the cafeteria
10/12- Parent Conference Day
JKC's PLC at Work
A shift in Fundamental Purpose
From a focus on teaching….to collaboration.
From emphasis on what is being taught…to a fixation on what students learned.
From coverage of content…to a demonstration of proficiency.
From providing individual teachers with curriculum documents such as state standards and curriculum guides…to engaging collaborative teams in building shared knowledge regarding essential curriculum.
From Learning by Doing- DuFour, DuFour, Eaker and Many