Wilson Ranger Summer Update
July 10th, 2019
Below are some updates and "heads-up" just to keep you up-to-date on what's happening at Wilson and to give you a preview of some upcoming dates. #TypeA #TeachersArePlanners
- Summer School is over, and those rooms are no longer being used.
- ESY will be finished next Thursday.
- The building has been cleaned, and classroom moves are currently underway in rooms not being used by ESY.
At this point, I ask that you still wait and not start working in your rooms. I will send an update again next week to let you know when you can get in.
*If you are new to Wilson and would like to see your room, I will be there Tuesday afternoon and would be happy to show you around! Just shoot me an email or a text (214-356-6571).
Summer "Pop-Up" Library
If you'd like to work the session, feel free to join us ($25 per hour). Also, if you'd like to be a part of the "Pre Party" and help prep, be at Wilson @ 5:00!
The more, the merrier!
As you have heard, there have been some pretty significant updates with our Early Childhood program (going FULL DAY!). That has had a big impact on our staffing. Some educators that we thought would be moving to Wilson have been reassigned to other campuses adding PreK/PPCD. We are blessed to be able to keep Claudia and Dora in Bilingual PreK and Sandra Sigler as a PPCD Instructional Aide.
Those moves created new openings. We've got some great educators filling those positions!
- PreK - Shawna Wolf - Shawna is coming from Irving where she has most recently been at John Haley Elementary. She brings a lot of experience and passion for Early Childhood. She has several ties with the district (including that her daughter teaches at Mockingbird!).
- PPCD - Jenine Gay - That name may sound familiar... Jenine is a current Wilson DLI mom! Her experience in SpEd (including PPCD) speaks for itself. We're thrilled that she'll be joining our Wilson team as a teacher!
We currently have 1 PreK Instructional Aide that we are in the process of filling. Additionally, we are looking at the strong possibility of adding more sections based off of this week's PreK language testing. I should know more over the next few days.
Kinder DLI - Ramla Lalani
2nd Grade - Lisa MacIntyre
4th Grade - Maddie Ward
5th Grade - Mary Grace Quinlan and Linda Rothey
Only hours from the month of July may be included. Each timesheet must also include a Special Pay Addendum.
Both are attached below. You may give them to me in person or put them in my box through Wednesday afternoon.
2019-2020 District-Required Compliance Courses
Our 2019-2020 required Compliance Courses are set up and ready to be accessed. It is by no means an expectation to take care of these now. The district requires that these be completed by October 3rd.
You may access and complete them on Schoology by joining "Wilson Compliance Course: 2019-2020." The access code is - R5H9-W446-TJNGZ
Mr. Hunt has approved 3 hours of Flex and SBEC credit for completion.
Our "Important Dates" document is a thing of the past. We will be starting the year with a campus wide Outlook calendar! Dates are already being added. Be on the "look-out" for instructions on how to add it to your calendar.
- Tuesday, July 30th - Team Leader Meeting & Retreat
- Monday, Aug 5th - New Hire Training
- Tuesday, Aug 6th - 1st Day Back for All Staff - Campus Day
- Wednesday, Aug 7th - AM Campus / PM District
- Thursday, Aug 8th - District Day / Kinder Parent Orientation & Bear Hunt (5:30)
- Friday, Aug 9th - AM Convocation / PM District
- Monday, Aug 12th - Campus Day / "Meet the Teacher" (6:00)
- Tuesday, Aug 13th - Campus Day
- Wednesday, Aug 14th - 1st Day of School!