Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - May 9, 2016
Teacher and Staff Appreciation week was great! Thank you for honoring our amazing Eagles with the beautiful flowers from your garden, the flower bouquets looked absolutely gorgeous and what a special way to celebrate our teachers and staff.
In one short week, we start SBAC testing for students, grade 3-6 in ELA and Math. Please see the link below and practice the SBAC test with your student, if you have a student in the identified grade levels.
This week is a very important PFO meeting - we will be voting on the PFO slate for next year and starting to wrap up a very successful 2015-2016. The meeting is Thursday from 8:30-10:00 in the staff lounge and we invite all who are available to attend.
Additionally, we have our Class Act BRAVO on May 18th at 9:00a. This is a special time for our students to celebrate a year of Class Act, honor the work of Antonio Vivaldi and perform for you and Eagle family and friends. Please mark your calendar for this exciting event.
And, lastly, we are two weeks away from our First Annual Beautification Day where we will be giving the campus a beautifying clean-up. We will be planting, painting, putting in fence slats, etc. We are excited to provide a clean-up day for Serrano and invite all friends and families to join us. RSVP below :)
Looking forward to another great week.
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Follow Us on Facebook
NEW TO FACEBOOK:
"What are our Eagles doing over the weekend " sports, dance, etc. send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can add them to our Facebook page.
What's Coming Up in Week THIRTY-ONE
- Book Fair is open through recess and then closes for this year
- Celebration of Nurse's Day - Thank you Ms. Lusiani for all you do!
- Min Day - Pick-Up K 12:20p, 1st-6th 12:25p
- PFO Meeting - 8:30-10a in the Staff Lounge
- Art Masters - Student Day
- Ice Cream Sales
- Kinder Field Trip - La Habra Children's Museum
- Art Masters - Parent Lesson
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
SBAC State Testing - Practice Here!
You too, can help your student, at home, by practicing with them through the SBAC practice test a couple of times before the real thing. Help them become more familiar with the test tools (ex. calculator, keyboard) prior to the test.
To access the practice test:
1. Click link below
2. Click Student Interface Practice and Training Test (green button on right)
3. Leave the login to "Guest" and just click SIGN-IN
4. Select a Grade Level
5. Select EITHER ELA (English Language Arts) or MATH Practice Test (most of the other tests available do not apply)
6. Leave all selections defaulted and click Select
7. Proceed through to start test - HEADS UP - the ELA tests have sound so if you are practicing in a public place you may want headphones
Please call with questions.
Message from your PFO:
We have a VERY important PFO meeting this week - please bring a friend!
- Keep collecting box tops - collection will be mid-spring
- Room Moms - Yearbook Picture Reminder - get your pages assembled, the deadline is nearing
- Also, Room Moms/Dads! If you have an email distribution list of your class, please forward this bulletin on to your class - we still have about 40% of people who are not accessing this important information. Thank you for your help!
Feedback to Influence Next Year
Please take a few minutes to take the planning survey below. And let the office know if you have any questions.