By Dustin hour 7
Whole grains and refined grains
Whole grains contain the entire grain kernel the bran, germ, and endosperm while refined grains have been milled, to remove bran and germ.It removes dietary fiber,iron,and many b vitamins.
helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease , obesity, and type 2 diabetes
Helps the body form red blood cells.
Used to carry oxygen in the blood.
- Consuming whole grains as a part of a healthy diet may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Consuming foods containing fiber, such as whole grains, as part of a healthy diet, may reduce constipation.
- Eating whole grains may help with weight management.
- Eating grain products fortified with folate before and during pregnancy helps prevent neural tube defects during fetal development.
- Foods labeled with "multi-grain", "stone-ground", "100% wheat", "cracked wheat", "seven-grain", or "bran" are usually not whole grain products
- Color is not an indication of a whole grain. Bread can be brown because of molasses or other added ingredients.
Ways nutrition label can display whole grain ingredients is by saying
- brown rice
- wild rice