- Convergent boundaries are parts of the lithosphere the move toward each other. This often creates a mountain.
- Ocean to Ocean boundaries is when the plates collide underneath the ocean.
- Continental to continental is where the plates collide where the there is no water.
- Divergent boundaries pull apart from each other on the earths lithosphere.
- Divergent ridges are underwater mountain ranges that are created due to the magma below the lithosphere rising and mixing with the water to form mountains.
- Divergent rifts are formed when the plates are pulled apart and create rift
- Transform Boundaries are plates that move horizontally and generally form faults.