CCA District-Wide News & Updates
- April 15 - Snow Make Up day
KINDERGARTEN AND PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
If you intend to have your child attend preschool or kindergarten at CCA, please register. Current CCA preschool students will still need to follow this registration process.
Please visit the District website for more information and the registration link.
KINDERGARTEN ROUNDUP IS APRIL 6
CCA SCHOOL BOARD APPROVES BONUSES
At last night’s board meeting, Clear Creek Amana Community School District Board of Education approved bonuses for all staff who were not included in Governor Reynold’s Teacher Retention Payment. All full-time and part-time employees of the district who did not receive a bonus in March, will receive a gross $1,000 bonus in April. This is the same amount issued earlier to eligible teachers per the Teacher Retention Payment Agreement.
Substitute teachers will also be given a prorated bonus based on the number of days served as of March 15, 2022.
The bonus payment will be included in the April 15th payroll. The District will use Esser III funds received from the American Rescue Plan. These are funds to be used for COVID-19 relief.
The Board is very appreciative of all the hard work every staff member has done and is doing for our students. They know the last few years have been difficult but the work has not gone unnoticed.
SISTER ACT - APRIL 21-23 AT THE HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
IHSPA EMERGING JOURNALIST FINALISTS LIST
Courtney Rice nominated members from the CCA yearbook and newspaper teams. They released the finalist list March 23 and 3 of our students were selected.
Each spring, journalism advisors can nominate rising stars for the Iowa High School Press Association Emerging Journalist award which celebrates students who are committed to producing high-quality journalism.
I nominated members from the CCA yearbook and newspaper teams. They released the finalist list today and 3 of our students were selected.
Junior Mary Macumber
Sophomore Anisa Rachman
Sophomore Jesse Schuerer
NO SUMMER MEALS AND NO MORE FREE MEALS AFTER JUNE 30
Clear Creek Amana has been able to supply free summer meals for the last two summers but without the higher reimbursement rates the District will no longer qualify to provide summer meals and meals during the 2022-2023 school year will no longer be free.
INNOVATION IN EDUCATION - CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Innovation in Education is an awards ceremony presented by the Iowa City Area Business Partnership (formerly the Chamber of Commerce) and the Iowa City Area Development Group. Each year, the organizations present awards to outstanding and innovative teachers, students, programs, and school staff in Johnson County, recognizing those who are helping to develop the informed, highly skilled graduates we need to keep the region thriving.
They are requesting nominations in 7 categories. The categories are:
- Student Innovation Award (Recognizes a student for their achievements and efforts to exceed expectations, exemplified by starting a new creative or entrepreneurial endeavor or program)
- Impact Award (recognizes outstanding achievement by a student team or group. )
- Inspire Award (recognizes an outstanding teacher)
- Spark Award (recognizes an administrator that facilitates an innovative school culture)
- Ed Tech Company of the Year (Recognizes an Iowa City area-based education technology company that has demonstrated or facilitated classroom innovation, has supported the growth of the Iowa City area as an education technology hub, and has given back to our community.)
- Administrative or Support Staff Excellence
- STEM Innovator Award (given to someone who has completed and implemented STEM Innovator training through the University of Iowa)
Please help us find and recognize the people who make our schools great. The link to the online nomination form is here. All you have to do is download, fill it in and email it back to Bianca Rodriquez. Feel free to nominate for as many awards as you like, just be sure to submit a separate form for each. Please contact Bianca Rodriguez with any questions.
Nominations are due no later than 4:30 pm, Friday, April 8.
The awards will be presented on Wednesday, April 27, at the Englert Theatre.
KEEP EVERYONE INFORMED
Quick Links Below
319-828-4510 or firstname.lastname@example.org