The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ March 10, 2021
Saint Kateri School families ~
During Lent, our school is journeying each morning through the story of the Passion of Christ through reading and reflection. Our students are learning the connection between Jesus' words to the Disciples and the words we hear during Mass. Very powerful to make connect the Bible to their current life experience!
This week we are collecting CANNED FRUIT and next week we will be collecting CANNED BEANSfor our CANerpillar for Can-Struction! Let's grow our caterpillar ~ all donations collected will be given to the St. Joseph's House of Hospitality.
I have received some questions regarding the return to school after leaving NYS for Easter Break. The basic guideline procedures have not changed since November 2020. (The quarantine period did change from 14 days to 10 days, as long as there are no symptoms.)
They are as follows: "Upon re-entry into NY from a non-border State, one must quarantine for 10 days or do the test-out option. The test-out option is to test negative within 72 hours of returning to NY, and then quarantine for 3 days, testing negative again on the 4th day."
Please let school know if you are plan to travel so we can help guide you with your child's return and answer any questions you have.
The Reddington Scholarship is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Information was sent home in the Registration packet and can also be found on our website: http://www.saintkaterischool.org/wp-content/uploads/Reddington-Scholarship-2021-2022.pdf Please return completed application to Mrs. Connor, our School Counselor, prior to the deadline as she has information to provide. The application deadline is April 30, 2021.
Thank you for continuing to support our students and our school!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 3/12: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/12: Current family registrations due for 2021-2022
- 3/15: Last day for $100 Early Registration fee
- 3/16: Registration fee goes up to $150
- 3/16: Quiet Mass (4th/1st)
- 3/17: Hot Lunch closes at 9:30am
- 3/19: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/23: Quiet Mass (3rd/K)
- 3/26: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/29-4/2: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- 4/5: Return to school
- 4/6: School Mass (2nd grade)
- 4/7: Spirit Shirt Day
- 4/7: Parent's Association (6-7:30)
- 4/13: QM Kindergarten -2nd grade
- 4/14: Half Day Dismissal (PK @ 11:00 and K-5 @ 11:30)
- 4/16: Q3 ends
- 4/20: No Quiet Mass
- 4/20-4/22: NYS ELA Assessments grade 3-5
- 4/26: Yearbook Order DUE
- 4/27: QM 3rd - 5th grade
- 4/29: Q3 Report Cards go home
- 4/30: NO SCHOOL Superintendent's Day
Reminders from the Main Office:
- COVID test results and Doctor Release paperwork should be sent to the SCHOOL email rather than an individual's school email. This will allow access for the staff that need that information. Please do not send it to your child's teacher or to the Main Office staff emails.
Please use: email@example.com
- A note for the PK-2nd grade Car Line: Please have your child wait in the car until you are directed by a Car Line teacher (usually Mrs. Payne) to either move up in the line or that you are able to have your child exit the vehicle. Typically we are able to unload only three cars at a time due to unloading, temperature checks and monitoring children walking to the door. Please wait until you get the OK for your child to get out of the car, or the car line has moved ahead to wear you are one of the three cars in the front.
- Hot Lunch ordering for April will close next Wednesday, March 17th at 9:30am.
Tell your friends and family
Saint Kateri School Walk-A-Thon
The Walk-A-Thon is our biggest fundraiser of the year at Saint Kateri School and we are hoping to celebrate our school community with a BANG this year while raising much needed funds for our school. This year's Walk-A-Thon will be a family event and students will walk as Family Groups. The Parent's Association is working to provide other activities on our school campus in addition to walking!
DATE: Saturday, May 22nd
SPONSORSHIP: Sponsoring our Walk-A-Thon helps to raise funds for our school and showcases some amazing local businesses that are connected to our SKS Family. If you are a business owner ~ we would love your support! If you know a business owner ~ please pass the information on to them. Thank you!
CLASS RAFFLE BASKETS: New this year - each Classroom will put together a themed Raffle Basket! Theme selection and coordination of basket items will done through the Room Parents and the Classroom Teacher. Stay tuned for more information!
FOOD TRUCKS will be on campus for snacks, lunch and sweets!
If you would like to be a part of the planning committee please call me and plan on attending the next Parent's Association Meeting on Wednesday, April 7th 6:00-7:30pm! (585) 467-8730
2021-2022 Registration is well underway!
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review
Our CAN-erpillar is growing!
Amazon Smile Program
Attention Amazon shoppers! We are continuing to use the AmazonSmile program for our school and church community. It’s very easy and of no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, our school community will receive a portion of the proceeds from each eligible purchase as a donation from Amazon.
Simply search for “Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Roman Catholic Parish in Irondequoit, NY” and select it as your charity. Then shop as usual! Amazon will remember your charity when it is time to check out and our community will receive a portion of your eligible purchases! Thank you for participating and happy shopping! Feel free to pass this information on to family members and friends looking to help out our school!