The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
I hope you had a wonderful week! We sure did! :) Each morning, we are continuing to work on www.typing.com. It is amazing at how quickly the students are picking up their speed and accuracy with typing. If you haven't yet, please encourage your child to log on at home and show you his/her progress! :)
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Please ask your child:
- Did you take any AR tests this week? How did you do?
- Tell me about your affix game. How do you play? Give me some examples of affixes!
- This week, you wrote about a wonderful person. Who did you choose? What were your reasons and details?
- What did you do to edit your paper?
- (Parents, unit 3 tests were sent home--please ask me if you have any questions...also, please follow the link below to our NEW 2nd grade math curriculum container)
- What have you done during the buffer week? What were some of your favorite activities? Did you meet with Mrs. Lacrosse in a small group? What did you work on?
- You took your Unit 4 pretest today. How did it go?
Please encourage your child's use of IXL at home to support the learning at school!
A third grader came to teach our class about using ChatterPix on the iPads!
The children really enjoyed learning about ChatterPix!
Students read partner poems in DEB to practice reading fluently!
The Week Ahead...
There is nothing worth noting....just another fabulous week ahead! :)