"Off to a Good Start" in your Second Language Assignment!
Back by popular demand! The Institute for Innovation in Second Language Education (IISLE) at Edmonton Public Schools offers a 2-day workshop for second language teachers who want small group planning sessions with consultants for their specific language and program.
Whether you are new to a second language teaching assignment, or are an experienced L2 teacher, this workshop will benefit you!
Curious? Keep reading!
Choose Day 1, Day 2, or both!
Dates: August 26th and August 27th, 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Day 1 - Language Proficiency: The Big Idea
- Elements of a great L2 program
- Policies and regulations for L2 programs
- Strategies for target language use
- Planning with assessment in mind
- How to plan using your program of studies and curriculum support materials
Day 2 – Take Time to Plan
- Plan for authentic performance tasks
- Access critical resources
- Plan with colleagues with support from L2 consultants
Attend Day 2 if you have previously attended Day 1 of OTAGS and want to spend the day planning with colleagues.
PRE-REGISTRATION is a must!
Pre-registration is required as space is limited.
There is no charge for OTAGS for EPSB teachers.
To register click here to the EPS portal. Use your district log in information. Seach for this session by entering OTAGS into the subject box.
If you are a teacher from outside of Edmonton Public Schools, the fee for each day is $150. To register please contact Jan Amundson, ph: 780-429-8315
**Please register by Friday, August 22, 2014 **
For questions, or to cancel your registration, please contact Jan Amundson, ph: 780-429-8315