Tech Tip of the Week
Brought to you by Gibbs Tech Team!
How to Download a Youtube Video
There are a plethora of wonderful videos on Youtube that you can use to enhance your lessons in the classroom. How to download those videos and NOT stream them straight from the site is a whole nother task...which to some...even most...can seem daunting.
Well, let me introduce to you a SUPER EASY website called Video Grabber!
Hopefully this flyer and screenr video I have put together will help you accomplish this!
10 STEPS TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VIDEO:
1. Open a new tab at the top of Chrome
2. Go to the website www.videograbber.net
3. When you get to the site you will see big instructions in the middle of the page that say,
PASTE YOUR VIDEO URL BELOW THEN PRESS 'GRAB IT' BUTTON
4. Go back to your tab that has Youtube on it, right click on the video that you want to
download, click on 'copy video url'.
5. Then, navigate back to your video grabber site.
6. Clear out whatever is in the box below the instructions PASTE YOUR VIDEO URL BELOW
THEN PRESS 'GRAB IT' BUTTON.
7. Paste in your video url into the box by right clicking in the box and selecting 'paste'.
8. Then hit the big green 'GRAB IT' button.
9. You will now see a java application trying to run and at the top of your page you might
see a light yellowish box that says...Java(TM) is blocked because it is out of date...click the
'Run this time' button in that yellow box.
10. Then when the screen prompts you...you will see a list of ways you can download your
video...but you want to click the download button that is by the format MP4.
You have now successfully downloaded your video. It should be located at the bottom of
your screen in the box where all your downloads go. Just click on it and it should start
playing in your media player of choice (probably VLC media player).