5th grade 101
Mrs. Harris' Class Newsletter for 5/9/16
What We Did This Week
I want to send out a special THANK YOU for everyone who helped to make Biz Town such a big success.
Today we had students competing with each other while learning some science. The BOat Challenge was a lot of fun, and we definitely have discovered some future architects and engineers out there!
The Boat Challenge
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THE MOMS!
We will begin working on our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) unit in science and our focus in math will be on looking ahead to some 5th-6th grade skills, starting with simplifying fractions with larger digits than we have been using. We will review the strategies that we learned and apply them along with our number sense to fractions with larger denominators and numerators.
- Monday & Tuesday May 9th & 10th: 3rd and 4th Grade STAAR testing (STAAR + schedule change = No visitors)
- Wednesday May 11th: Science STAAR ((STAAR + schedule change = No visitors)
- Wednesday May 25th: Field Day 12:30
- Friday May 27th: 5th Grade Day and Talent Show
- Monday May 30th: No School
- Thursday June 2: Last Day of 5th Grade :( (I hate to see them go!); End of 4th Nine Weeks; Reports cards go home