Room E222 News
Week of September 19
Announcements and Reminders!
- When students finish a book they can take an AR quiz at school the next day, no AR at home.
- If they want to do anything in addition to reading they can go on Dreambox, Lexia, or Ten Marks at home.
- In regards to flag salute: we will have school wide assemblies and student recognition for Leader in Me. The school is still working out the details of when and how often these will take place.
- Picture day is this Friday September 23, 2016! Dress your best and come with your beautiful smiles :)
- Want to raise money for our school???
~9/21: There will be a Dine Out at Chipotle (San Marcos and La Costa).
~ November 8-10th: Jersey Mike's $3 for 3 days Dine Out
~Amazon Smile: select Double Peak Parent Teacher Organization as charity.
What we are learning in third grade!
- Read and analyze informational texts.
- Share ideas with peers.
- Read to identify and annotate key details in the text.
- Write a summary using the key details from a text.
- Analyze data and use the information to answer mathematical questions.
- Understand key vocabulary: survey, data, table, analyze.
- Write a number in multiple ways: written form, standard form, expanded form, and with models.
- Add and subtract numbers within 1000.
- Write a informative writing piece
- Writes details/evidence in a logical order
- Writes a conclusion sentence (W.2d)
- Develop the topic with facts, definitions, and details (W2b)