By: Sydney Magee
- Roanoke River is located in Nags Head North Carolina.
- Estuaries provide nesting and feeding habitats for many plants and animals. Most fish and eaten in the United States, including salmon and herring complete part of their life cycles in estuaries.
- Some plants and animals that live in the Roanoke sound are
Cattails, sawgrass, and black needlerush.The sound is also has to the Blue Crab.
- Some lakes, rivers, and streams that lead into the Roanoke river are Lake Gaston, Roanoke Rapids Lake, and the John H. Kerr Reservoir.
- Threats to the Roanoke sound are changes to land bordering the estuary and by pollution of river and ocean water.