Mission San Buenaventura
Alvin Claudio 2016
San Buenaventura it was built march:1782 dedicated on March 31. This mission is numbers 9. The Chumash built the mission. Fr. Serra founder the mission. 1,328 people lived at the mission. In 1812 the church was damaged by earthquake. San Buenaventura is 70 miles north of Los Angeles.
The Chumash and the priests lived there. Chumash women were primarily responsible for food. The Chumash women were also taught how to weave and to make candles, soap, and clothing. The men learned leatherwork, wood crafting, and farming.