NCVPS ESPAÑOL 3
WEEK 14, APRIL 24-30
Con la Sra. Aguirre
End of the semester is quickly approaching!
Notes/Reminders on Assignments and Grading
Here are some notes about assignments, grading, rubrics & feedback that may answer some of your questions and/or are friendly reminders.
- Students should complete the assignments listed on the "Schedule of Assignments". Students should have printed it off at the beginning of the semester, but if not, they should do so asap to use as their agenda/check-off list. It's in the "Start Here!" section/module.
- Students need to complete *all* assignments, in order, and on time (according to the schedule of assignments). There is *no* reason not to complete an assignment. If they are having issues completing/submitting an assignment, let me know ASAP, so I can help identify/fix the issue and/or provide an alternative.
- Assignments are to be completed in their individual assignment pages, not through messages or email.
- They should read the directions for each assignment carefully. For some, you have multiple attempts; others just one. For some, they have to earn a certain score before they'll be able to move forward.
- Assignments are due weekly on Friday by 11:59 pm.
- All assignments are graded according to proficiency using the grading rubrics in the "Course Documents" folder on your main module page. Students should have already familiarized themselves with these and feel free to refer back to them when/as needed. Knowing how they are graded should help them get the best grade (and the highest proficiency level) possible. Let me know if you have any questions on this.
- I always provide feedback detailing what they did incorrectly and/or their demonstrated proficiency level on an assignment. If you ever have questions on the feedback that I provide and/or need additional information/help, please let me know!
- They should get into the habit of checking their grades and feedback daily! To do this, click on "Grades" in the left-hand sidebar. You are encouraged to do this too!
- Different assignments are worth different weights. Participation is 10%, Reading and Writing is 15%, Speaking and Listening is 15%, Cultural Activities are 10%, Quizzes are 10% and Final Projects are 15% and Final Exam & Project are 25%.
If you have questions on any of this or anything related to assignments, grades, feedback, rubrics, etc., please don't hesitate to let me know!
Have you signed up for Canvas as an observer?
Parents and facilitators will need student login information to set up their parent accounts. This will have to come from the school. NCVPS cannot supply login credentials to parents or facilitators. Check with your school's e-learning advisor (ELA).
The Canvas Parent app is designed to provide visibility into a student's progress at a glance. Canvas Parent allows both parents and facilitators to:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course grades
- Set grade alerts
- View course announcements
Here are several helpful links:
Parents and facilitators can also use the Parent Portal online. Directions on how to use the portal are here.