December 7th -December 11th
What's Ahead for the Week
Monday, December 7th
GA– 5th 7:55-8:15am
A A – 3rd 8:50-9:10am
AB – 4th 9:45-10:10am
ST – 4th 10:15-10:35am
CW – K 10:40-11:00 am
Tuesday, December 8th
Grade Level Team Planning with Toni(in Grade Level)
1:00 Pre K Meeting (Toni) (Admin)
2:45pm-3:45pm NTCC Rehearsal (Music Room)
3:00 Sped Temp ARD
3:00pm M and M Meeting (Katy Outpost)
3:00pm Counselor Holiday Meeting
7pm- School Board Meeting (Admin)
Wednesday, December 9th
3:00- Middle School Transition Meeting (Tonya Grant)(Shepton)
4pm-7pm Staff Holiday Party (Toni’s house)
PACE Referrals for K-5 Due to PACE Teacher Aspen Bischoff
PACE-Aspen Bischoff on Campus
2:45pm Afterschool Basketball-Gym
Thursday, December 10th
12:00pm-1:00pm-“Juggling Act” Parenting class Brown Bag Lunch (Counselors Office-Tonya Grant)
12:00-12:50- Tooth Talk-1st Grade
Social Work Intern Shauna Drew on Campus (Kindergarten)
2:45-3:45 Math Olympiads -PACE room.
3:00 ARD AV -Che Ho (Large Conference Room)
7:00pm -8:00pm 3rd grade music performance- Crazy Carrols
PACE Aspen Bischoff on Campus
Friday, December 11th
8am Volunteer Brunch-General PTA Meeting (Cafeteria)
9:00 Little Hawks(Pre-K Parent Meeting (Library)
11:00 Speech ARD (Large Conference Room)
12:45pm-1:30- Shepton students visit 5th grade
PACE Aspen Bischoff on Campus
December 15th "Dealing with Anger in the Family"-Counselor Room-Tonya Grant
December 15th Edugence Training 8:30am-10:00am Toni 1:30pm-3:00pm-Karma (Cox Building)
December 16th ESL Meeting-Debbie Gorecki(Sockwell)
December 16th _Principals Meeting(Sockwell)
December 17th CCD Medical Records Review
December 17th -Parent Liasion Meeting (Monica)
December 17, Winter Class Parties in Grades K-5, 1:30-2:30 PM
December 18th- 12:00pm Elementary Early Release
December 18th Assembly
December 18th- Grades 3-5 Report Cards go home
Winter Break, (Student/Teacher Holiday) December 21- January 1
December 18th- Safety and Security Trainings Due
January 4, 2016 Student Holiday, Teacher Work Day/Professional Development
January 5, 2016 Classes Resume for Students and Staff, Second Semester Begins
ACTION REQUIRED- The Compensation Notice and the HR Policy Guide
There are two items for all employees to view and accept through the TEAMS Employee Service Center at esc.pisd.edu or https://oea.pisd.edu/servicecenter/. This process is the same as the last several years.
The two documents are:
2015-2016 Compensation, Supplemental Duties and/or Stipend Acknowledgment, and
b) 2015-2016 HR Policy Guide Acknowledgment.
· All employees are required to view and accept these acknowledgment documents annually.
· Substitutes/adult temporary workers are not required to complete this process as they do so as part of their annual orientation.
· Employees currently on leave are not required to complete this process. We will re-send the notices at a later time for the employees on leave.
· Viewing and acceptance is completed through the TEAMS Employee Service Center at esc.pisd.edu or https://oea.pisd.edu/servicecenter/
· There are two steps for each of the acknowledgments, you must view and then accept each.
· The deadline for electronic acceptance is Wednesday, December 16, 2015.
· Contact the Help Desk (ext. 28767 or TSOS@pisd.edu) if you need assistance with your login ID and password, or with any part of this document acceptance process.
· All employees have a network ID and password to log into the TEAMS Employee Service Center (including those whose assignment does not require the use of a computer).
· The Compensation Notice and the HR Policy Guide reside on the intranet (inside.pisd), therefore, employees must access this document from a network computer within PISD.
The Hour of Code, during Computer Science Education Week (Dec. 7-13).
We live in a world surrounded by technology. And we know that whatever field our students choose to go into as adults, their ability to succeed will increasingly hinge on understanding how technology works. But only a tiny fraction of us are learning computer science, and less students are studying it than a decade ago.
That’s why our entire school is joining in on the largest learning event in history: The Hour of Code, during Computer Science Education Week (Dec. 7-13). More than 100 million students worldwide have already tried an Hour of Code.
Our Hour of Code is a statement that Huffman Elementary is ready to teach these foundational 21st century skills. To continue bringing programming activities to your students, we want to make our Hour of Code event huge. This is a chance to change the future of education in Plano.
Visit http://hourofcode.com/us for details, and help spread the word.