The Compass Notes
Compass Elementary Parent Newsletter
March 26, 2021
In This Edition:
- APEX Celebration
- Car Rider Rotation Update
- State Archery Qualifiers!
- April 21 Ballot Issue Informational Meetings
- Water Bottle Donations
- Online Book Fair
- Summer School Information
- PCR-3 Staff COVID Vaccination Info
- Kindergarten Kickoff Update
- Dates To Know (Calendar Events)
APEX Fundraiser - Goal Met!!! Thanks for your support!
Thanks to PTA for donating the supplies for the pies!!!
Tuesday, March 30 is a Remote Learning Day for All PCR-3 Students
On Tuesday, March 30, ALL students will participate in their learning remotely, to allow for PCR-3 employees to participate in our first of two COVID-19 vaccine clinics. The second clinic will be held on Tuesday, April 20, and will also be a remote learning day. All PCR-3 students will receive instructions and assignments from their teachers for these remote learning days, and K-5 students who have received devices for previous remote learning days will be sent home with one.
CAR RIDER DISMISSAL- ROTATION OF CAR TAG NUMBERS
We want to continue to thank all of our families for your help in the car rider dismissal process. This process has been going very well, and has allowed our families to quickly and efficiently pick up their student(s). As mentioned in September, December, and February; we want to offer an equitable process throughout the year as a whole for the time that families can move through the dismissal line. We would like to begin this rotation on Monday, March 29th. Again, thank you for your support as you in this process, we sincerely appreciate it!
The following will be the schedule for Third Quarter: (February & March)
- Families with car rider tags 36-70 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:35 pm.
- Families with car rider tags 71-105 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:40 pm.
- Families with car rider tags numbered higher than 105 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:45 pm.
- Families with car rider tags 1-35 arrive at Compass no earlier than 3:50 pm.
Congratulations to our archery state qualifiers!
April 2021 Ballot Issue Informational Meetings
The District will be holding the following informational meetings for residents to learn more and ask questions about the April 6, 2021 No Tax Levy Increase Bond Issue. Visit our April 2021 Bond Program pages to learn more.
Click Here to view responses from the district in regards to frequently asked questions.
PTA Water Bottle Donations
2021 Summer School Information
PCR-3 is excited to announce that Summer School will be held June 3-30, 2021, at the following locations:
- Pathfinder Elementary: Kindergarten – 5th grade (students from Pathfinder and Barry attendance areas)
- Compass Elementary: Kindergarten – 5th grade (students from Siegrist and Compass attendance areas)
- Barry School: 6th grade – 8th grade (students from Barry School attendance area)
- Platte City Middle School: 6th grade – 8th grade (students from Platte City Middle School attendance area)
- Platte County High School (Paxton Center): 9th-12th grade (PCHS students)
All Platte County R-3 students are invited to attend and continue to grow as learners throughout the summer! The purpose of PCR-3’s Summer School Program is to provide an experience that is relevant, rigorous, and engaging, based on individual learner needs, in a safe and caring environment. Click here for frequently asked questions and more information about our Summer School Program.
- Current Kindergarten through 7th Grade students can register for 2021 Summer School via the e-Form on Parent Portal and should complete their registration by Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Incoming Kindergarten students should complete summer school registration forms when completing their regular school year enrollment paperwork or at Kindergarten Kickoff.
- Information about enrolling in the High School summer school program will be available in April.
Kindergarten Kickoff 2021-2022 - REMINDER
If your family has an incoming kindergartner, please complete the following form. We will send you an enrollment packet and then will contact you to sign up for your child's Kindergarten Kickoff time.
REMINDER- Families will not be able to sign up for an enrollment time until the screening packet has been returned. Families that have returned their enrollment packets will be receiving an invitation to sign up for a time to participate in our Kindergarten Kick-Off on 4/19, 4/20, or 4/21. These invites will start going out after we return from break.
Dates to Know
- Report Cards Go Home
- AMI-X Remote Learning Day- PCR-3 Staff Receiving 1st Round of COVID Vaccination
- School In-Session - Make up snow day.
- Easter Sunday
- Election Day
- No School - District In-Service Day
- PTA Meeting - 6:30 pm
- Board of Education Meeting - 6:30 pm
April 18th-May 1:
- Online Book Fair Dates
*Map Testing will be coming up at the end of April/first of May. More details to come about this.
The District, as well as Compass Elementary, uses text messaging and automated phone calls to notify parents of upcoming events and days off, school closings due to weather, and emergency situations.
Newly enrolled families will automatically receive an opt-in message from 67587. If you missed it, simply text "Yes" to 67587 to receive these text messages.
Thanks To Our Pirates R.O.C.K. Business Partners!
Compass Elementary School Office Hours and Arrival/Dismissal Times
8:30-Students can enter the building
8:50-Official start time for the school day
3:35-Dismissal Processes Begin
3:50-Official End of School Day
4:15-Front Office closes