Mrs. Huneycutt's Class
6th Grade Language Arts - Arbor Creek Middle School
Next week in Language Arts,
There will be a Root Quiz (penta, phobia, phono, photo, phys, pod) on Friday. Notes are in the back of their notebook or on Edmodo.
There is a possibility of homework twice this week. The first is analogy practice 3 on Edmodo, and the other is correcting sentences that are run-ons or fragments.
** If your student is struggling with any of these new topics, please encourage them to come to tutorials.
Activities in class:
- Root Quiz Friday
- Roots (poly, psych, pyro)
- Parts of Speech (nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs) - review
- Fragment and run-on sentences - possible homework
- Analogies - possible homework
- Author's purpose notes
- Biography, autobiography, memoir, personal narrative (Helen Keller, Harry Houdini, Woodsong)
Does your student need extra help? Do they want to get ahead? Have they been absent?
Tuesday - Friday
Before School - 8:15 - 8:40
After School - 4:00 - 4:15
* I am not available for tutorials on Mondays because I have crosswalk duty.
Our class collects Box Tops for Education!
Learn more about Box Tops for Education and where to find them at http://www.boxtops4education.com/.