Veterans Memorial Middle School
Upcoming Important Dates
- November 1st - Football Game: Veterans vs Aaron Cohn @ Kinnett Stadium 5:00 pm / Coach Wilson Night - Staff, students, and families are encouraged to wear red or black
- November 1st - Fields of Faith @ Golden Park
- November 3rd - Fall Festival with North Columbus Elementary 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- November 5th - Mrs. J. Woods's Birthday
- November 6th - Volleyball Game: Veterans vs Blackmon Road @ Blackmon Road 5:30 pm / Blackout Blackmon - Staff and students are encouraged to wear black
- November 6th - Mr. McClean's Birthday
- November 7th - Chick Fil A Spirit Night @ Columbus Park Crossing 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- November 8th - Football Game: Veterans vs Blackmon Road @ Kinnett Stadium 5:00 pm / Blackout Blackmon - Staff and students are encouraged to wear black
- November 9th - Volleyball Game: Veterans @ Richards 5:30 pm
- November 10th - Veterans' Day (No school)
- November 13th - November 17th World Kindness Week
- November 13th - Progress Reports
- November 13th - Spelling Bee
- November 16th - Mrs. J. Wright's Birthday
- November 17th - PTO Ranger Day
- November 18th - PTO Turkey Giveaway
- November 20th - November 26th Thanksgiving Break (No School)
- November 27th - December 1st Scholastic Book Fair in the media center
- November 30th - Mrs. Perkins's Birthday
Veterans Memorial and North Columbus Elementary will host a Fall Festival on November 3rd. Tickets are $5 each or $20 for families of 4 or more
Important Information for the 2023 -2024 School Year
- Updated policies and procedures for all middle school athletic events can be found above in an attachment. A parent or guardian is required for entrance to events.
- Stay informed of important information and upcoming events through our social media at either Facebook or Instagram. Links can be found below.
- Daily Bell Schedule is from 8:10 am - 3:10 pm
- Students can enter the school starting at 7:40 am
- At 8:10 am students need a parent or guardian to check them in at the attendance window
- After 2:45 pm students can not be checked out
- Students must be picked up by 3:35 pm
- Parent conferences can be scheduled by the parent or teacher upon request. Please email the teacher to set up a parent conference.
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meets every Wednesday morning in room 705 from 7:15 am - 8:00 am. Students can be dropped off in the back bus loop and enter the middle wing of the building. FCA is open to all students and not just athletes.
- Orchestra meets every Thursday afterschool in room 505 from 3:20 pm - 4:30 pm. Anyone who plays a string instrument is invited to attend even if not enrolled in orchestra this semester.
2023 -2024 Student Handbook
Veterans Memorial offers several options for extracurricular clubs and teams. We highly encourage finding the extracurricular option that is right for you and reach out to the sponsor (see list of sponsors below) to get connected. If there is an extracurricular option that is not offered please let Mr. Ogburn or Mrs. Sanders know and we will look into it.
Rangers Lead the Way!
Veterans Memorial celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a parade acknowledging all Hispanic countries.
During lunch periods students were able to watch cultural dances to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
The VMMS Band led the parade during our Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.
Thank you to Mrs. Dortch for organizing a great Hispanic Heritage Month celebration. She also performed for our students!
Students in Mrs. Kelly's healthcare science class learned about the circulatory system functions and composition of blood through a hands on experiement.
The Robotics Team is hard at work preparing for regional competitions. Columbus State University provided assistance with learning advanced coding skills.
Students in Mrs. Andris's social studies class created their own country and economy. Students developed products to be sold and calculated their country's GDP.
Students in Ms. Woods's class researched and presented on the most influential person in their life. Individuals ranged from Theodore Roosevelt to Rhianna. One student even selected our very own Coach Wilson!
Veterans Memorial hosted North Columbus Elementary's basketball team and cheerleaders for one of their games. A great time was had by all!
North Columbus Elementary's cheer and Veterans Memorial's cheer teamed up at the VMMS football game to wear pink for Breast Cancer Awareness!
Veterans Memorial celebrated our custodial team for National Custodian Appreciation Day. We have the best custodians at VMMS!
Football season is underway at Veterans Memorial! We still have several games left and hope to pack the stands as we cheer on our Rangers!
The November 1st football game against Aaron Cohn will be Coach Wilson Night. All students, staff, and families are encouraged to wear red and black to honor Coach Wilson. 8th grade cheerleaders and football players will be recognized at halftime too.
The VMMS Volleyball team is off to a great start! They are undefeated on the season with victories over Double Churches, Arnold, Aaron Cohn, and Baker! Rangers Lead the Way!
Volleyball season is underway. Come out and cheer on the volleyball team as they make a run towards a championship!
The VMMS chorus performed their first concert of the year alongside of Northside High School's chorus in front of packed house at Evangel Temple Church. The VMMS Choir never disappoints!
Red Ribbon Week was a huge success! From neon day to rapper vs rocker day to jersey day our students and staff had a great week! Thank you to our dynamic duo of counselors, Mrs. Wright and Mrs. Woods for planning and working hard on this week! Also a special thank you to the MCSO for presenting to our 8th graders on drug prevention and awareness.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/vmmsrangers
Instagram - @vmms_rangers
Veterans Memorial Middle School - (706) 748-3203
Mr. Ogburn, Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Sanders, Assistant Principal - email@example.com
Mrs. Ellis, Academic Dean - Ellis.Jennifer.D@muscogee.k12.ga.us