Poway High School Titan Weekly
January 10. 2021
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
- January 21 - Last day to drop a Trimester 2 5.5 Class
- January 22 - End of Six Weeks - Trimester 2
- January 29 - No School for Students - Professional Growth Day
For the two-week temporary suspension of on-campus learning (through Friday, January 15), free school meals will be available to all PUSD students for pick up at the following school sites from 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.:
- Del Norte High School (16601 Nighthawk Lane, San Diego, CA 92127)
- Los Penasquitos Elementary School (14125 Cuca Street, San Diego, 92129)
- Meadowbrook Middle School (12320 Meadowbrook Lane, Poway CA 92064)
- Midland Elementary School (13910 Midland Road, Poway, CA 92064)
- Mt. Carmel High School (9550 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92129)
- Pomerado Elementary School (12321 Ninth Street, Poway, CA 92064)
- Poway High School (15500 Espola Road, Poway, CA 92064)
- Rancho Bernardo High School (13010 Paseo Lucido, San Diego, CA 92128)
- Turtleback Elementary School (15855 Turtleback Road, San Diego, 92127)
- Twin Peaks Middle School (14640 Tierra Bonita Road, Poway, CA 92064)
- Valley Elementary School (13000 Bowron Road, Poway, CA 92064)
- Westview High School (13500 Camino Del Sur, San Diego, CA 92129)
Shortened February Break
A reminder to families that the 2021 February break has been shortened from our typical five days off to just two days off due to COVID-related adjustments to the 2020-21 school year calendar. There is no school on Monday, February 15 and Friday, February 19 due to the observance of Washington’s and Lincoln’s birthdays. However, school will be in session Tuesday through Thursday, February 16 through February 18, so students are expected to attend class on those three days. Spring Break remains the same, Monday, April 12 through Friday, April 16. The last day of school was changed to Friday, June 18, 2021. You can view the official District calendar here.
5.5 Classes - Trimester 2
Click here for the class schedule. You can sign up for 5.5 classes via the class links on the schedule.
Get your 2021 Yearbooks now!
Send us your photos!
This week’s requests: Titans Home for the Holidays, Socially-Distanced Winter Activities, and Working Titans
We would also like more photos of the first day of school, mask fashion, drive-by birthdays, students and their pets who like to come to “class,” your new “classroom,” summer adventures, students baking/cooking, students’ DIY projects and hobbies in the pandemic, and Halloween.
Free Teen Positive Parenting Webinars
We are pleased to share that we are offering the Teen Positive Parenting Program in English and Spanish for FREE via ZOOM! This webinar series is designed for parents and will address raising responsible teenagers while improving family communication. The webinar is offered in separate English and Spanish sessions:
· FREE Teen Positive Parenting Program (English) via ZOOM
Thursdays, January 14, January 21, and January 28, 2021 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
· FREE Teen Positive Parenting Program (Spanish) via ZOOM
Tuesdays, February 2, February 9, and February 16, 2021 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Suicide Prevention 101 for Parents: Recognizing Signs and What to Do - Free Webinar on January 27, 2021
January 27, 2021 from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Webinar Registration
SAT Testing 2020-21
Support your PHS PTSA!
Join us in giving our Titans the very best in 2020-2021! Memberships are $15 per person and are offered to anyone interested in supporting PHS—parents, teachers, staff, students, grandparents, etc. Joining and donating is easy, and online! Just click this link.
Visit our website for more information.
Your PHS PTSA looks forward to partnering with you for a great year!
What would you like to see in the Titan Weekly? Please feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions here so that we can provide you with the information you need to feel connected to the Titan Community. We value your input!
The Poway Unified School District (PUSD) is an equal opportunity employer/program and is committed to an active Nondiscrimination Program. PUSD prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived protected characteristics under the law, including but not limited to ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, immigration status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. For more information, please contact the Title IX/Equity Compliance Officer, Associate Superintendent of Personnel Support Services, Poway Unified School District, 15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128-3406, 858-521-2800, extension 2121.