Phishing and Smishing.
By: Casey Dawson.
What is Phishing and Smishing?
- SMIShing is when a person sends a SMS and is trying to get a user to download a Trojan Horse. Also known as SMS phishing.
Examples of Phishing and SMIShing.
SMIShing- Text messages containing a "prize confirmation."
- Links from unknown phone numbers.
- Messages saying that your account has been "deactivated."
- People using your phone.
- Emails saying that you have won a "prize."
- Unknown email accounts sending you links.
- Emails saying that a certain account has been deactivated and to click a "link' to reactivate it.
- Emails telling you to reactivate you bank account.
How to Prevent Both Phishing and SMIShing.
- Do not click/tap on foreign links.
- Do not give up passwords and personal information.
- Do not trust "realistic' looking messages.