Fun in First Grade
Welcome to Mrs. Kout's Class!
- Find sounds in word
- Explain the topic and key ideas from a reading
- Find the meaning of new words in context
- Write about option, narrative writing, and informational writing
- Recognize parts of speech
- Properly capitalize, punctuate, and spell
- Solve addition and subtraction problems and recognize the relationship between addition and subtraction
- Count and write numbers up to 120
- Recognize place value
- Tell time
- Explain the attributes of different shapes
- Investigate their own scientific question and observe science using tools
- Explain the seasons and weather
- Explain the basics of light, sound, and magnetism
- Explain characteristics of plants and animals
- Name and explain important figures in American history
- Find where they live on a map
- Name Earth's continents and oceans and explain landforms
Let's Work Together!
Furthermore, you are always invited to visit our classroom. Whether you want to see what your child's typical day is like, have something to share that can help our learning, or simply want to visit - you're always welcome! If you have have experience or knowledge in anything we are learning about, we would love to have you share with us. It is always beneficial for students to see a connection between home and school and a classroom visit is a great way to show your students that you value education!
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please call, email, or schedule a conference with me. Additionally, if you feel that there is more I can do to help your child, please let me know. You are the expert about your students and I will do anything to help your child grow.