Pulling in the Poor
- Half of all children under 5 are dying from malnutrition.
- A grand total of 795 million people that don’t have enough to eat.
- Single parents only make 1,500 on an average.
- Twenty years ago nearly 1 billion people were pulled out of world poverty
- Many people remain poor due to the lack of opportunity despite progress recorded in lifting people out of extreme poverty.
- 20,000 people die everyday from starvation,
Gary Haugen: The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address now