Trail Blazer News
Lila: Hot pink.
Addie Katherine: What is your favorite game?
Lila: Hide and Seek.
Addie Katherine: What is your favorite season?
Addie Katherine: What is your favorite Holiday?
Addie Katherine: What is your favorite song?
Addie Katherine: What is your favorite superhero?
Lila: Black Widow.
Addie Katherine: What is your favorite subject?
Phoebe: What is your favorite day of the week?
Phoebe: What is your favorite monster?
Phoebe: What is your favorite food?
Lila: Bow tie noodles.
Phoebe: What is your favorite sport?
Phoebe: What is your favorite candy?
Lila: Candy Canes.
Phoebe: What is your favorite book?
Lila: Little Witch.
Phoebe: What is your favorite thing to do?
Brody tracking his progress and setting new goals!
11/14/15: Craft Fair 11:00-3:00
11/20/15- 12/2/15: Book Fair
11/25/15-11/27/15: No School
12/4/15: Nutcracker Field Trip
12/9/15: Colburn Field Trip
12/9/15: K-2 Winter Concert (Time TBD)
Wish List: We would greatly appreciate your support!
- Page Protectors for our Victory Binder
- Painter's Tape
- Nut-free Snack
Addie Katherine met her academic and personal goals!
Fern teaching the "Make a Ten" strategy.
What We are Learning
Reading: We are focusing using diagrams and images to understand the main idea of nonfiction texts. We are also focusing on our RAPS strategy (Restate, Answer, Prove it, and Summarize) as we practice written comprehension.
RI.2.7 Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
RL.2.7 Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
Writing: Students will conduct an independent research project about something they wonder. Students will learn how to use Cornell Notes to take notes about key ideas and organize their thoughts. Their final product will be an online "board" that displays the important information they discovered.
- W.2.7: Participate in shared research and writing projects (read a number of books on a single topic to produce a report; record science observations).
Fundations: We will continue Unit 6 on Monday. We are focusing on vowel-consonant-e words within multi-syllabic words.
- RF.2.3 Know and apply grade -level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding.
- RF.2.3. Decode words with common prefixes and suffixes.
- RF.2.3. Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one syllable words.
Math: We will continue our addition and subtraction unit on Monday. Students are learning various strategies to solve addition and subtraction equations within 100.
- 2.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one and two step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
Science: We will be exploring the properties of matter through movement and hands-on learning.
- 2.P.2 Understand properties of solids and liquids and the changes they undergo.
Social Studies: We will be exploring our roles as citizens and the branches of government.
- 2.H.1 Understand how various sources provide information about the past. Civics & Government.
- 2.C&G.1 Understand the purpose of governments.
- 2.C&G.2 Understand the roles and responsibilities of citizens.