Volume 2, Issue 18 January 18-22, 2016
Important this Week!
- School Holiday in remembrance of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Box Top Party
- 4th Grade Austin Trip Parent Meeting 6-7
- Hajek PLC Meeting 3:20
- Jana out morning for Chp. 37 Discipline Update
- Jeanie out afternoon for Chp. 37 Discipline Update
- Mooyah Night!
- Neubauer and Durst out
- 9:40-11:40 4th grade Team Time
- 1:40 STEAM meets with 5th grade
Wednesday, Jan. 20th, 3:15pm
We will be meeting in our vertical teams for part of the meeting
- K-5 for such amazing PLC time last Wednesday! I appreciate your hard work and dedication.
- Wendee, for helping me out so I wouldn't reek for the Board Meeting
- 2nd Grade, for a smooth transition for the kids
- amazing staff that divides and conquers when we have no subs
- Jana for all that you do for Hajek
- Jessica, Courtney, Sara, and Crystal for the new clubs you are sponsoring!
- Kellie Taylor for your graciousness during a long meeting and to the team for taking care of everything.
I just want you to know how amazing it is to work with such amazing people that truly take care of each other like family!
Advanced Academics & Counseling: Stacy Sturlin
Working with Gifted Students: After attending the TAGT conference in December, I asked our GT specialists what resources should be shared with others to better equip them to work with identified students. Here are their top recommendations:
Why Smart Kids Worry (And What Parents Can do to Help)- Allison Edwards http://www.allisonjedwards.com/why-smart-kids-worry/
Kazimierz Dabrowki’s “Overexcitabilities” http://www.byrdseed.com/five-unexpected-traits-of-gifted-students/
Ian Byrd’s website Byrdseed- http://www.byrdseed.com/
Lisa Van Gemert- http://www.giftedguru.com/