Lakeview Patriot Newsletter
for the LCHS Community - "More than a Diploma..." 04/18/22
SAFETY REMINDER - ALL VISITORS, INCLUDING PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS, MUST CHECK IN AT THE FRONT ATRIUM AND SHOW ID
Please take the Brightbytes Survey
Each year, Garland ISD Schools seek to improve and focus necessary support, initiatives, and professional learning opportunities to ensure we create an equitable and robust learning environment for our students. We are asking for your input.
The survey can be found by clicking on the link below.
*Responses are anonymous.
Class of 2022 Graduation Information from Jostens
Here is the link to the Josten's Graduation Packages
for the Class of 22
GRADUATION ****** SAVE THE DATE ****** June 11, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Preparing for the Ceremony
Ordering Cap and Gown
View this informational video for information about what is available and how to order.
At MINIMUM, students need the graduation cap and gown set and these should be purchased NOW at www.jostens.com. Order before January 28, 2022 to take advantage of group discount pricing.
Collegiate students will order their cap and gown set through the Jostens’ website along with their Class of 2022 classmates. Mrs. Dry will provide a list of eligible collegiate grads to Jostens, and Jostens will deliver the black cap and gown set to those students. If, by chance, the wrong color is shipped it will be exchanged.
Collegiate students will receive the LCHS Class of 2022 white stole with their order. The school owns the collegiate stole that will also be worn for the ceremonies. Students will receive their collegiate loaner stole at some date prior to graduation, and will return the collegiate stole at the LCHS ceremony.
LCHS Jostens Representative: Mr. Sawyer Golden
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP TUTOR GARLAND STUDENTS??
Join the Tutor Team
Our district is working hard to help our students recover from the effects of COVID-19. As part of our plan to boost student achievement, we are creating the GISD Tutor Team, where those with a passion for student success can help students recover and rise to new heights in learning.
- Assignments that align to your skill set
- Training and instructional materials tailored to the student
- $30 an hour pay
- Consistent scheduling (based on the needs of the campus and students)
- No TRS penalty for retired teachers
Ready to make a positive impact as a tutor? Fill out the tutoring interest survey to get started.
News from GISD Transportation
Bus Registration opens March 1
All students who wish to ride a GISD bus in the 2022-23 school year must register online starting March 1. For questions, contact Transportation at 972-494-8530.
For more information about bus transportation please visit the Bus Transportation page on the district website.
GARLAND ISD NUTRITION **Announcement**
Texas families that lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to COVID-19 related absences during 2021-22 may be eligible for a Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT).
Families must be certified for Free or Reduced-price Meals by April 29 to be eligible for the 21-22 Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT).
F&R Meals applications needed for 21-22 P-EBT
F&R Meals applications for P-EBT due April 29
See our Free and Reduced-Price Meals page for more information.
LCHS PTSA membership is $10. The easiest way to join is online at www.joinPTA.org ($1.50 fee). Membership forms are available in the Main Office. If you use the form, print out a copy, fill it out, and place it with cash or a check made out to LCHS PTSA in an envelope in the PTSA box on the lower right below the teacher boxes.
"The Patriot Post" Read the Revolution
Read the Revolution!
LCHS NEWSPAPER "The Patriot Post"
Check the Latest edition of the Patriot Newspaper!
Cheer tryouts - Applications due April 22nd
Are you wanting to tryout to be on the LC Cheer team? Ms. Symonette has a Google form for you to fill out so that she can get you more information. Google Form
Cheer Tryouts will be on April 25 through April 28 in the small gym at LC from 5:30 to 7:30.
congratulations 9-6a coach of the year!!!! Coach nikki ganter-marshall - lc varsity girls soccer coach
congratulations 9-6a tennis coach of the year!! Coach mitchell - lc varsity tennis coach
LCHS Patriot TRACK and FIELD - GO PATS!
LC Gymnastics Qualifies for STATE!
The LC gymnastics team finished in 3rd place at the Regional meet and has qualified for the State Meet.
LCHS is currently ranked 4th going into the meet next week.
Please congratulate the following athletes for their outstanding performances.
- Lawson Collins - 4th Vault, 8th Floor Exercise
- Daniel Solis - 5th All Around, 3rd Pommel Horse, 5th Vault
- Michael Madrid - 10th Pommel Horse
- Angel Campos - 6th All Around, 8th rings, 5th High Bar
- Connor Smith - 10th Vault
- Olivia Harris -10th All Around
The State Meet will be at Rockwall High School next week (Thursday-Saturday)
The boys will compete in the morning and the girls will compete in the afternoon.
LC Patriot GYMNASTICS Schedule 21-22
Varsity Baseball LC Patriots @ South Garland
Tuesday, April 19th, 7pm
600 Colonel Drive
Varsity Baseball LC Patriots vs. Wylie HS
Friday, April 22nd, 7pm
3505 Hayman Drive
Batter Up! Lady Patriot Softball is underway!
Varsity Softball vs. South Garland
Tuesday, April 19th, 6:30pm
3505 Hayman Drive
Varsity Softball @ North Garland **LC SENIOR NIGHT**
Friday, April 22nd, 6:30pm
3505 Hayman Drive
GISD Parent Workshops this Semester
GISD is offering workshops throughout the year with effective parenting strategies, ideas on how to get more involved and information to help your child be successful in school and in life.
Check out the For Parents section to find out more ways that you can get support and be involved in your student's education.
- Parent University: Better Together -- 02/08/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Dual Language Vietnamese information meeting -- 02/15/2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Executive Functioning Skills -- 02/16/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Autism Project: Teaching language -- 02/21/2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- SSI/Medicaid -- 03/01/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Autism Project: Communication skills -- 03/28/2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Sensory Strategies -- 04/06/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Metrocare services and Medicaid waivers -- 04/12/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Autism Project: Teaching play and social skills -- 04/25/2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Residential planning -- 05/10/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Routine transitions and summer -- 05/11/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Autism Project: Overcoming mealtime challenges -- 05/23/2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Autism Project: Motor Skills -- 06/06/2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Garland Community Bulletin Board
Find activities happening in our tri-cities community.
The Community Bulletin Board is a resource for both GISD families and community partners. It not only provides a space to post information about events, camps and other educational programs. It also offers the opportunity to find upcoming activities around the district’s tri-cities.
GISD Family and Community Engagement
The Family and Community Engagement Department has created a monthly newsletter to
connect our community to GISD events and services posted on our website.
English Language Learners
SNAP & READ
Have you ever wanted your students to gather information from a website, but the site was cluttered with ads and clickbait? Snap & Read can help. Snap and Read is an application on every student’s Chromebook. In just two clicks Snap and Read will remove all those distractions leaving crisp clean text and that’s just the beginning. In less than 2 minutes you can show your students how to use this awesome feature. Here’s the link!
Safety and Security
- ID Badges should worn and visible at all times. All students will receive a school ID Badge when school pictures are taken, until then students may wear last year's.
- Visitors should report to the Secure Vestibule in the front of the school for screening.
- It is also expected that each of us report anything that may makes our school unsafe, either by contacting the SRO Officers at LC, the counselors, the teachers, the administrators or any staff member immediately when a concern arises. If a person wishes to remain anonymous, concerns may be reported by using this Anonymous Alert Form.
- We expect all Patriots at LC to be safe and enjoy everything about LCHS this year. Please know all of Garland ISD, LC Administration, Faculty and Staff work hard to ensure everyone in the LCHS Patriot Community stays safe each and every day.