January 4, 2016
Happy New Year and Welcome Back!
I hope each of you had a wonderful break! I know it will be hard to come back in the morning but just think how sweet that first hug from your students will be! Remember that while some of our students probably had a wonderful break, some may have experienced heartbreak, hunger and disappointment. I encourage you to give some extra love to students as they transition back. Tomorrow (and throughout the week) is a great time to review expectations, introduce the new Weaverville Elementary behavior matrix, and practice behaviors in various locations throughout the school. As you know, assuming that students will remember what you expect and will follow it without question could result in a lot of lost instructional time later on. I hope you have a super and productive week!
- January 4 - Return to School
- January 4 - 2nd grade and Specialist lesson plans due to the office (then every other week)
- January 5 - 27 - MOY mClass Testing Window
- January 5 - WvES Advisory Council Meeting at 9:15
- January 6 - ESL ACCESS Testing work session (for me at CO)
- January 6 - WvES and WPS Leadership Team Meeting at Noon
- January 7 - Visit by LIM Coach, Sarah Ann Taylor. Lighthouse Team Members will have 1/2 day AM subs. Ms. Taylor will attend team meetings in the PM to answer any questions. Staff Meeting afterschool.
- January 8 - Wacky Tacky Box Top Day for students and staff. Bring in 2 box tops to participate. Staff members may wear jeans if you bring in 2 box tops.
- January 11 - 3rd and 4th grade lesson plans due to the office (then every other week)
- January 12 - PTO Meeting at WvES at 8:15 in the Media Center; followed by PTO Executive Board meeting in the Conference Room
- January 13 - Assistant Workshop on Phonics (more info to come)
- January 13 - Literacy Team Meeting
- January 14 - District Literacy Team Meeting (1/2 day AM)
- January 14 - Lighthouse Team Meeting
- January 15 - NB District Principal's Meeting at WPS
- January 18 - Holiday
- January 19 - OTWD
- January 20 - Principals Meeting
- January 20 - SIT Meeting (send agenda items to Amanda Brookshire or Jennifer Shelton)
- January 21 - WvES ACCESS Test/Proctor Training at 2:45 (more info to come about who needs to attend)
- January 25 - Math Team Meeting - Joint meeting with WPS
- January 27 - NB District 1:1 PLN (Professional Learning Network) Meeting at NBES (4th grade, ESL, AIG, Title 1, EC and Media) @ 3:15
- January 28 - District ACCESS Test Training for Test Administrators (more info coming about who needs to attend)
- January 28 - NB District 1:1 PLN (Professional Learning Network) Meeting at WvES (Art, Music, PE) @ 3:30
- January 29 - Principals Meeting
- January 29 - Literacy Team Members to observe phonics programs at Haw Creek Elementary
- February 1 - No EC classes
- February 2 - PTO meeting at WvES
- February 2 - NB District Parent Meeting for 4th grade parents regarding devices; 6:30 PM at NBMS
- February 4 - Staff Meeting
- February 5 - Tie Dye Day for Box Tops for students and staff. Bring in 2 box tops to participate. Staff members may wear jeans if you bring in 2 box tops.
- February 9 and 10 - WvES Data Discussions
- February 11 - Early Release Day
- May 5 - Production of "The Imagination Case" by Drama Club and Chorus (6:30 PM)
- August 15 - School Leader in Me Training