Why is cyber bullying an issue?
2. Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
3. 81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.
4. Only 1 in to victims will tell a parent or a trusted adult about their abuse online.
5. Girls are about twice as likely as boys to be victims and perpetrators of cyber bullying.
6. About 75% have visited a website bashing another student.
7. Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide.
- Talk to a teacher at school or see the principle if the situation continues or becomes worse.
- School guidance counselor's are very helpful and understanding.
- Surround yourself with close-friends and trusted people.
- Be safe online and if the online situation becomes serious delete the account or block the cyber bullies. You will feel much better and see way you won't have to see or have nasty comments and people won't be able to share your photos.