NMS ELA PLC
January 28, 2016; 8:40 -9:30am
- Google Classroom -- 5amiyqk
- Updates on ELA/Social Studies Curriculum Night -- February 10th
- Gale Resources -- Have you had a chance to explore? Use anything yet?
- K. Gallagher’s -- Who Made That? (p. 82-83)
- Bring “STAAR Formatted Reading Question Stems”; Look closely at Lesson Plans for the upcoming week, write questions to ask during class, write 1 Push question to post and plan for students to answer it.
- ELA/SS Night -- February 10th 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Sign up for Socratic Seminar in Google
- Lesson plans due Friday by 4pm in Google
- Supplies and purchasing requests go through Stacy Holt
- Weekly Formative Assessments -- we must check for understanding as we go
Socratic Seminar Planning
4 Essential Collaborative Planning Questions to Keep in Mind...
- What is it we want our students to learn?
- How will we know if each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
- How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?