The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Events This Week!
Water Week - Spirit Week!
Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible!
Wednesday morning for a Ed Foundation Board Meeting and a training at the ISD
OBSERVATIONS / EVALUATION PROCESS UPDATE!
Round 1 AND 2 of our Observations are done and I will begin with Round 3 this week. The 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (A) Assessment and (PCC) Professional Collaboration & Communication for our Round 3 observations. If I have my laptop it will be an observation; if I'm in the classroom without it, I'm just visiting! :-)
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observation Time - 10-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- The first two observations will be unannounced. The third observation may be scheduled as agreed upon by the teacher and administrator.
- We will have a Dimension focus during each observation (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that the Noticings and Wonderings will be derived.
Round 3 Observation Reminders
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- AR Prize Day is Tuesday, Feb. 23
- School Improvement Team Meeting is Thursday, Feb. 25
- Leo's Family Night is Thursday, Feb. 25 from 5-8pm
DOWN THE ROAD...
- March Madness (Reading Month) begins Tuesday, March 1
- The Relentless Tour Assembly (Grades 3-5) in the Cafeteria at 10am on Wednesday, March 2
- The State Road Talent Show is Friday, March 4 beginning at 6pm
- The Fenton Business Expo is Sat-Sun, March 5-6 at Fenton High School